“Great place in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Multatuli

You added Hotel Multatuli to your Saves list
Hotel Multatuli
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prins Hendrikkade 12, 1012 TL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #201 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Sherwood Park, Alberta
“Great place in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We booked Multatuli via booking.com a long time in advance and so was a bit nervous that maybe something would be askew when we arrived. Quite contrary. We got in early in the morning, the front desk clerk knew we were coming and had asked housekeeping to make up the first room so it would be ready. What a treat! Free wifi, excellent Euro breakfast. Very convenient self storage of luggage gave me confidence leaving some valuables on the last day before our trip out of Amsterdam. (we kept the keys for the locker!). It was walkable, safe, and the staff were all excellent. The room was fresh and bright - although the shower stall was a bit leaky and maybe needs some updating. Other than no face cloths ( thats a Euro hotel problem across all!) i cant think of anything I'd change. Good value for the $$ IMO.

Room Tip: Book on booking dot com! No payment in advance, and up to 24 hour cancellation!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Swiss70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is super close the the main train station and the city Centre. The room we stayed in was a perfect size and the beds were really comfy. The buffet breakfast is super tasty (I recommend to get there bang on 7am to get in first!) And the staff are very nice. The only only issue we had was that our minibar wasn't working so we reported this on the first night, and the man at reception said he would look into it. Nothing back so reported again on the 2nd day and we're told management were 'dealing' with it. Still nothing on the 3rd day but we were leaving so didn't really make a difference at this point. Apart from that one small thing, overall I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Amsterdam.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is very centrally located near the train station in a very busy area. The hotel was clean and adequate with very helpful men at the front desk. Compared to others I've stayed at in Amsterdam it was grossly overpriced for a very basic, very small room with an unpleasant woman at reception. Although the room was prepaid the unpleasant woman at reception tried to get us to pay again saying the reservation may have been cancelled. It wasn't!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank marilyn243

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Maldives
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The people working there are definitely bunch of unprofessionals and have no truth or consistency in what they say or do. These guys wrote to me less than a week for my C/In that an authorisation on my card is required which will be released 10 days before our arrival. So we told them that since we do not have 10days left for our C/In, it makes no sense to charge an authorisation. They agreed to it and informed me that they will hold the room until “2pm only” post which they will release it. Well, my confirmation stated that it is a confirmed booking,I do not need to pay any deposit in advance and that I have free cancellation.So I tell them to make sure that my room is held until my arrival and not until 2pm.

Well the next mail I get is that they have cancelled my reservation. Such unprofessionals! Can you believe what is their explanation? They said that it is “their” mistake and that authorisations are released 10 days “after” arrival. So they cancelled my booking. Hence, know that if it is their mistake - your booking will be screwed up.I totally agree and am not surprised at all with the other reviewer, who mentioned that his deposit has not been paid back by the hotel.

Also know that you cannot trust these guys with what they say and what they do. Honestly I am so happy that I didn’t stay there, coz first, I do not want to stay in a place where such kind of people work and second, when I actually saw the place where the hotel is located, I felt relieved that it happened and they cancelled my booking. It was a blessing in disguise.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PriyankaMaldives
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here over Easter weekend! The hotel was very easy to find once we left central station. A short walk across the road (located opposite the large bicycle park). Staff were pleasant and kept our luggage as we had arrived before our room was ready. Rooms are small but that didn't matter much as we didn't plan on spending much time there! Hotel was also clean! Breakfast consisted of an normal European breakfast, with lots of fruit, bread, ham and cheese! We were also treated with mini Easter eggs which was nice! Hotel is in a great location, The city tour bus leaves from a location 2 minutes from the hotel and the red light light district is only a 5 min MAX walk. Would definetly consider this hotel in future and would recommend! *Beware of steep stairs! As is in all buildings in Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Rooms can get very warm! Air conditioning is noisey but needed!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

been at the hotel for four days ,the location is absolutely traffic, across the central station and close to Damrak (one of Amsterdam's main streets) and Dam square (minutes by walk).

The stuff was friendly and helpful, my room was comfortable and clean (with free Wifi) and breakfast was also very good.

Overall, great value for money in my opinion, i'll come there again for my next visit in Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

A group of 12 of us stayed here for four nights. Hotel was clean, staff friendly and helpful. I was billeted in a three bedded room with two friends. Room felt a little cramped, only one wardrobe for all of us! Fortunately we are used to living out of a case and managed. Bathroom clean and fully working, basic facilities provided. Breakfast included, standard continental plus sausage, bacon and scrambled egg. Very tasty and plentiful. For the price we were very pleased. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends