“Had a great sleep here”
Review of Hotel Multatuli

Hotel Multatuli
Ranked #240 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was my second time in Multatuli. First time was in year 2003 when I was returning home from Asia and had a stopover in Amsterdam for a day. Place is conveniently located just near the Amsterdam Centraal Station. So for those who are in a hurry the next day to leave for the airport this is the perfect location. When I stayed first time I received a room at the top and it had a nice view on the roofs and one yard nearby. All the ambient had that authentic Amsterdam feeling. Small, comfy and all that you need. I enjoyed the bed already at that time. I returned just today from Amsterdam and can report that quality of the bed stays the same. Some might not like the bed but actually I discovered my kind of a treat and I sleep as on a cloud. Bed is soft and I liked it. Room that was given this time to me was again small and with a bit of unique architecture as I had a window 3m high so to open it I need to operate a remote control :). Multatuli also this time succeed to provide me a good relaxing sleep, quality shower and a good breakfast. Check in was swift and they let me en before official check in time. Room is actually basic but it is very clean and bed is extremely comfy. I discovered that Dutch people know how to achieve a good relaxing sleep as it follows me that every time I’m in Holland I have a good sleep there. TV is old model but who cares about it? Minibar was stocked and the prices are normal for Amsterdam I guess. They are not too expensive I have to say. Although I did not used it. Breakfast was of a decent quality like it comes for the 3 star hotels. They have a funny Asian woman employed at the dining room and we exchanged some loughs while having breakfast :). Always nice to see a cheerful person so the day started brighter as usual. Will return again if another opportunity arises.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Multatui from April 25 to April 29th. The staff were helpful, happy, and the breakfast was plentyful, they do tell you to get to breakfast early due to the limited space or you will have to wait, understandable.The rooms and all other areas of the hotel were sparkling clean. And the beds were very comfortable, I do like a softer bed. The location is fantastic, it is a quick walk across the street from the Centraal Station. Easy walk to anything.
A great grocery store as you take a right out the door to the rounded steps.
We left our bags there in a locked locker for the day until our train left and when we got back to retrive them they offered us Tea or Coffee, so very friendly. I would recomend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, convienent place to stay with a great breakfast.
Just a warning about television, if you are traveling with children be aware there are several adult chanels on the TV.

Room Tip: We stayed in 125 It was a twin and we did have a roll a way put in for one night, good size with onl...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had two room a 3 (first floor) and a 4 (basement). The 3 bed room was ok the 4 bed room a bit cramped with 2 singles and a double, so not ideal for 4 sharing. The forth bed was also a fold away bed again not the most comfortable. Breakfast was good and the location was also very good. Overall it was ok for what we paid.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Hotel was what we expected, and is good for a weekend break, even with young kids.

Well located for all kinds of public transport, and for walking around the city.

Negatives are soft beds and insufficient number of tables in the breakfast room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My heart sank when I was directed to my room in the basement and found there was a 'view' onto a concrete courtyard enclosed on all sides. But the plus point was that the room was exceptionally quiet; it was also clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and efficeient and breakfast was generous. I had no complaints and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good selection for a few days break - over expensive like all Amsterdam Hotels.
BEWARE - the breakfast room does not have sufficient capacity for the number of rooms/guests - we had to wait 30 minutes for a table! Other than that would recommend

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is literally across the road (admittedly a busy and wide one) from Amsterdam Centraal. Staff were all friendly , welcoming and helpful. The room was sizeable and scrupuously clean. Breakfast was more than adequate. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends