“Clean, comfortable hotel in great location”
Review of Hotel Luxer

Hotel Luxer
Ranked #63 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Lovely hotel. Looks recently refurbished. Modern clean rooms and en suites. Good WiFi.

Just 5 to 10 minutes walk from Central railway station - just head over the bridge over the canal towards the huge sign stating 'Green Zone'. I got slightly lost when first entering the narrow alley ways but a quick beer in a local pub and I soon found out that I was just 100 metres away!

Excellent 24 hours bar downstairs and the street outside has coffee houses, scezchuan chinese restaurants, and pubs, amongst others. Very interesting safe area. Room was quiet at night.

This will be my future base for trips to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank KalbarriDr

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Staying at Luxer now for 2 day break with wife and 2 teenage girls. Great hotel, fantastic central location. Lovely staff, very helpful and great bar with v reasonable prices. Can't fault this place and would highly recommend. Will return.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kevnicholson88
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Me and my fiance stayed here for my finances birthday for 4 days everyone on reception was unbelievable have never had such incredible service went out of there way to help us and make us feel comfortable especially Rita great girl deserves a promotion. Amazing location rooms like 5 star and hotel in the best location have been various times to Amsterdam and can't beat it. Have , already booked for 10 of us in Feb next year thanks luxer for making our holiday so special x

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner recently stayed at hotel luxer for two nights in February and we were extremely pleased with our stay. All of the staff were very helpful and even let us keep our bags in the hotel before and after check out whilst we waited to go to the airport etc. the room we had was a very nice size and absolutely spotless. The hotel is also located right in the centre of everything however it is not loud at night! Would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone going to dam!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is in a great location and is spotlessly clean. The people at the front desk are all really welcoming and helpful, and will try to resolve any issues that might arise.
My main criticism is the noise - from inside! I could hear the conversation of my next door neighbours EVERY night. They try to get people to keep quiet after ten but that's when guests start returning after a meal out and the noise then continues for hours! No amount of knocking on the wall worked for me.
The other issue I had was with the beds. Comfortable yes, but too small and I'm only 1m73! Also the duvet was short, narrow and thin, the pillows just empty shells with a few foam bumps and the bed smelled of sweat, supposedly from the previous guests. So I got very little sleep and what I did manage to get was fitful at best.
Pity, because this place has the makings of a real 5 star at a good price.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Central for all attractions, from the outside this hotel does not do itself justice. Rooms were well maintained and nicely decorated. The bar was small but had a friendly atmosphere and it cost just over 5 euros for a white wine and a bottle of bud. Would highly recommend did not try breakfast because we slept in ................

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob H
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed in a twin room, was warmly greeted upon arrival and consistently throughout- all reception staff are very friendly, room was very nice and a decent size, beds were comfortable good blackout curtains and not any noise from the outside street throughout the night slept well although staying on the ground floor and thin walls meant some noise from other guests but this did not disrupt us. Another downside was the room was cold however this was sorted out when we informed reception. There is a reasonably sized flatscreen TV in the room with BBC1&2 and news channels, also reception give you the free wifi code upon check in which we never had any connectivity issues with. Hotel is in a brilliant location as others have said it is just 5 minutes walk away from the station, red light district and dam square. Also the street has lots of different reasonably priced food places such as wok 2 walk, burger bar, kebab and pasta places also lots of nice sweet treats like crepes and waffles. Also has a couple of good coffee shops on the road my favourite being Hunterz as I enjoyed the weed and r&b music. All in all my friend was very pleased with me for choosing this hotel, as am I it was really great value for money and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting amsterdam wouldn't think of staying anywhere else

• Stayed: February 2014