Hotel Old Quarter
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$243
$188
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$442
$332
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $378/night.

Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$124
$88
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe red light districtcanal viewperfect locationminutes walk from centralprivate bathroomtrain stationhotel barbar downstairstop floorwet roomdam squarerooms are smallamsterdam centraalredlightcafes
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We had a wonderful couple days at the Hotel Old Quarter. Reading the other
reviews, I think it depends entirely on whether you get the canal view rooms
or the street side rooms. We got one floor up from the canal with as good
a view of the street, canal and handsome railway station, far to the left. Though
we were two blocks from the busiest heart of Amsterdam, it was a very quiet,
even idyllic location. Room size was good, too. We'll definitely stay there
every time we can reserve one of those canal view rooms. And it's our
top recommendation to all of our friends.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2009

If you want luxury, or even to spend a lot of time in your room(!) the Hotel Old Quarter isn't for you. But if you want an inexpensive room to sleep in in the city centre, a few minutes from the Central Station, then the Hotel Old Quarter is relatively good value for expensive Amsterdam.

Last time I was in Amsterdam I paid nearly two and a half times more for a room than what I paid for a single room in the Hotel Old Quarter. The main difference between them was that my room in HOQ didn't have a bathroom. (It just had a sink). The bathroom was just outside the room and shared (I believe) with just two other rooms.

My only complaints: I didn't find the floor to be very clean; and, I needed to keep the window open a lot due to poor air. (Fortunately, given that it was winter, the radiator remained hot from the time I turned it on through the duration of my half week stay).

Everything else was positive: price; reliably warm room; location; breakfast - bacon and egg with either tea or coffee; quietness - though it helped that my room was not facing the street; a good bar and restaurant on the ground floor; 24 hour reception and access; and very friendly, approachable staff, all of whom speak fluent English.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew9
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stayed with a friend in the hotel which was very nice. The spot cannot be better if you want to be reaaaaaally near the train station (Amsterdam Centraal). Around you find coffee shops, restaurants’, stores etc.

We booked through booking.nl a double room WITH toilet and shower INSIDE the room. But they gave is one without it. But the view from the room was so amazing that we almost stayed there. But we paid extra 10 Euros for that and it’s always handy to have them inside your room after a long night .

The receptionist took care of our demand and immediately gave is another room . Very clean. Thumbs up.

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank valensoul
Reviewed January 7, 2009

hated this place from the moment i walked in,,woman behind the counter was an ignorant old boot,, dictating to me when i should be in my bed,,dont be too late or you wont get in,,,room was a bit of a shambles,,shared shower was not too bad,,but the worst thing was the noise at night,my room was one up,and looked into the street,,iam talikng at 4, or 5 in the morning..bedlam,,it went quiet for an hour around 6,then the binmen came out and rattled the street!!!!! would advise all to stay well clear of this hole of a hotel............

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank colin126
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Fantastic hotel in a superb area central as you can be. clean rooms cosy , shared toilet / shower always clean. Room was lovely top floor good views depending on which side you are on. The hotel Food was top quality always fresh produce hotel is well known for its famous spare-Ribs a must try .

Staff always frinedly top hospitality.

Nice hotel if you want a great location, clean rooms and lovely food and if you dont mind basic standards definally a hotel for couples , friends i wouldnt recommned this property to familes due to location as it apealls to a younger market.

Overall really nice going back again in December 2009.

• Stayed: December 2008