My partner and myself stayed here from Monday to Wednesday as a city break, we had choose this hotel in particular as we didn't want to be to close to dam square and this seemed quite close to get to the centre.
When we landed at the airport we headed to bus stop b15 and caught the number 69 bus, stay on this bus till the end then get on the 48 bus which is next to the one you get of. after two stops your at the hotel. when you are heading to the centre you need to get back on the bus you came on (48) and head for central station.
The reception staff were very helpful and friendly, we bought our travel bus pass 72hr travel across bus and tram for 17 euro, really though we should have bought this on the first bus we got on!
The rooms are basic but what you need, there is a lack of a plug near a mirror but for a couple of nights you can make do.
There is no heating in the rooms aswel just a air con unit, but is you ask at reception they will bring a heater for you.
The bed was really comfy and the pillows to.
We paid £90 for two for two nights and it served us well a clean place to get your head down the bathroom was nice a big shower and nice and powerful.
We did not have breakfast so can not comment on food.
I would recommend this hotel if you are just going to use it as some were to sleep.
Amsterdam itself is wonderful its such a pretty city, really can not wait to go back, the people are so friendly and helpful and most people speak English so no language barriers.
I think any one visiting for the first time would be surprised at how beautiful Amsterdam is and how much there is to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City West is a modern 3-star hotel located between the city center and the main business districts of Amsterdam. The hotel offers 180 rooms, a restaurant with bar and terrace and 24-hr snack service. The hotel is surrounded by free public parking (between 7pm and 9am during the week and all day long during the weekend). The bus stop to Amsterdam Central Station is in front of the door (runs 24-hrs a day). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City West Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City West