We looked at many hotels of all types & prices before booking Ibis City West. Have stayed at ibis hotels in UK & Europe & this was a good standard for a budget hotel. Room was on 6th floor & was very clean, tidy, modern, & of reasonable size for budget hotel.
We had taken train from Schipol to Slotterdijk station, 15 min ride @ €3.70 ea, then 10 min walk to hotel.
Hotel staff were all very helpful, from reception & bar staff to the room maids.
Reception gave advice on travel to centre by bus route 48 which is 5 min walk to bus stop & then 15 min ride to Amsterdam central station. You also buy GVB travel pass form reception which gives unlimited travel on all local bus, tram & ferry route to Amsterdam city. 72 hour pass costs €16.50 each which is great value.
We did not try the breakfast or bar meals so have no comment on this. Burger King is next door so you can get good coffee & fast food at reasonable price.
There is small cafe also near by, but this seemed closed this weekend. Chinese restaraunt also about 10 min walk from Ibis, again we did not try this.
Lidl supermarket is also very close so you can supplies of essentials if you need so.
We both found this a great base to explore Amsterdam as we do not mind short journey to the centre, unlike London which takes a long time by public transport.
Our only disappointment was that the room did not have facilities for tea/coffee making, unlike most budget hotels in UK. Also there was some noise from Burger King but this only when you had the window open.
Would we recommend, yes we would & we are already planning next visit to Amsterdam & will use this Ibis again for that visit.
Good location, good hotel (budget), good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City West is a modern 3-star hotel located between the city center and the main business districts of Amsterdam. The hotel offers 180 rooms, a restaurant with bar and terrace and 24-hr snack service. The hotel is surrounded by free public parking (between 7pm and 9am during the week and all day long during the weekend). The bus stop to Amsterdam Central Station is in front of the door (runs 24-hrs a day). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR and Hotels.com so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City West Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City West