We stayed here for 3 nights in December for a short city break away. We arrived at the hotel and found that the reception area was undergoing renovations but we had not been informed of this beforehand. We had to carry our heavy suitcase up 3 flights of stairs to reach the temporary reception area which wasn't exactly convenient. However, the man who checked us in was very friendly and helpful as were all staff members and I was impressed with how well they spoke English.
The room was standard for an Ibis Hotel, however, we felt that tea making facilities would have been nice. The shower was very good and powerful, which is always nice when on a break. It was a very clean room and smelt clean too. The bed was very comfortable and we had plenty of towels to use.
Breakfast was pretty standard too- nothing special. Again it would have been nice to have plentiful supply of English Breakfast tea as herbal tea is not really something we enjoy.
I don't know why people are complaining about the location of the hotel in relation to the city centre. It's only a 10 minute bus journey away if that and the buses come every 10 minutes, even on Sundays. I would strongly recommend getting a 3 day bus pass if staying for that length of time because it is well worth the €16 and is much more convenient than getting a ticket everytime you get on. These passes are valid on the metro and trams as well so it is definitely value for money.
I would recommend going to the Artis Zoo and Anne Frank's house when visiting Amsterdam.
Overall a very pleasant stay and we were very sad to leave. We would definitely return to this wonderful city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City West is a modern 3-star hotel located between the city center and the main business districts of Amsterdam. The hotel offers 180 rooms, a restaurant with bar and terrace and 24-hr snack service. The hotel is surrounded by free public parking (between 7pm and 9am during the week and all day long during the weekend). The bus stop to Amsterdam Central Station is in front of the door (runs 24-hrs a day). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City West Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City West