I am very happy with the White Tulip hostel
- it's affordable!! Staying for 4 days/3 nights costed me little over 100 euros, excellent value for money
- central location, you can go out the door, and literally hold your breath until you reach the first prostitute in the Red Light district
- is clean, the cleaning is done on a daily basis, not surgery room clean, but still ok, bathroom was clean and had toilet paper
- every bed in the 14 bed room had it's own storage box. Because I travel light, my back pack could fit twice in the storage box. Size is decent. Also for phone charging, I had an electrical socket right near my bed #9
- you get a bracelet similar to a concert one which you have to present at the entrance so that people not being hosted here shall not enter. The bracelet, along with the key to the storage box, and a card to enter the room is all you need, and seems very organized
- you get a discount at the Irish pub on ground floor, but I haven't been there.
- it's noisy, you can hear the church bells ringing but I kinda like the bells, what I didn't like was the endless chit-chat going on outside, and sometimes inside. So, my advice for you is to take your drugs, drink your alcohol, visit your prostitutes, and eat your vegetables so you will be happily asleep without minding the chit chat.
- the spacing on the top level bed is kinda small, but still ok
- check out is early. I was waken up at 10 am, to be told that I have to check out
A perfect location if you plan having fun in Amsterdam, don't have too much money, and just need a place to crash. It has perfectly balanced the value for money. If you think otherwise, then stop being cheap and go to your fancy hotel and pay them for 1 night the amount what you would pay The White Tulip for 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Tulip Hostel is located near everything. We are close to all the major attractions of Amsterdam including the Dam Square, Central Station, coffee shops, Amsterdam's night life, the Flower Market, Madame Tussaud, various museums and much much more! We will be happy to guide you to the most famous places to hang around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your White Tulip Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Tulip Hotel Amsterdam