“No” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Tulip Hostel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
White Tulip Hostel
Ranked #171 of 225 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Adelaide, Australia
“No”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Definitely wouldn't stay here again, the worst place we've stayed. Unclean (we even had a friendly mouse running around our room), unwelcoming, very plain, dodgy bathroom (I could barely even fit in a cubicle and the showers don't drain properly), and the staff "accidentally" took my microfibre towel and were unable to return it before I left - making it an expensive and inconvenient stay. The only advantage is its central location, though be warned it is in the red light district. I advise staying away from this place.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Richard S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

There was just one good thing. And that one was being close to center.. I paid for 3 days but after 2 days i run away..
I had silly problem with receptionist at 4 am when i turned bac to hostel.. Almost i couldnt enter my room..

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Berlin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have no idea why this hostel has so many decent reviews all over the internet. Let me try to be fair here: it is the worst place I have ever stayed (and I have been to quiet a few hostels so far). Broken windows, missing slatted frames in 2 out of 4 beds, dirty and disgusting bedclothes are just a few things to mention. The bathrooms are shared and the average visitor here seems to puke next to the toilette at least once per day. The only positive thing about this hostel is the location. It's directly in the center of everything. but then again it is very noisy. I would not recommend this hostel to my worst enemy. It's almost the same as sleeping outside on the street, whereas there, the air would not be that smelly.... Service: some stoned guy giving you shittalk whenever you want to enter the hostel. We loved it

Room Tip: none! rather sleep on the street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BenTesser1234
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a few drinks here and a bite to eat on a Saturday morning, the bar was busy with tourists and food came quickly. Staff were pleasant, they had a reasonable menu and a good selection of drinks. We would go back, the pub is very easy to find.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

location is very good , staffs are polite n helpful . Definitely a good choice for those who visit Amsterdam .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Florianopolis, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'v checked in at 12am and my dorm was a huge mess! Beds dirty and the staff said it would be cleaned up at around 15. Stairs are horrible if you have to carry a big backpack as in my case. Mix bathroom and no space at all for you to change clothes after shower. But the worst thing was that I had my backpack stolen there. They say you can check out and live your baggage in their luggage area but it's actually just a very little open space by the reception where anyone can enter. I left my bag together with others and went for breakfast. Went back to the hostel and the backpack wasnt there. The staff watched the video from the cameras and we made sure it was stolen. The staff was not helpful AT ALL, not even worried about it. I did all the procedures with the police (which is as USELESS as the hostel staff) by myself and left Amsterdam without my belongings and without a single help from the hostel. I HIGLHY NOT recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights. The wifi never even worked and the sheets were filthy and infested with bed bugs. Me and my friend got covered in bites, and when approaching staff about it they said room 201 was infested and there was nothing they could do about it.

Toilet and shower facilities are absolutely tiny and disgusting.. It's like they've never been cleaned.

Just to top it all off, the receptionist gave us a broken swipe card for the room on arrival (it had a little crack in it) So on departure of the hostel, she told me I could not get my key deposit back because we had broken the card which is absolute lies as it came with the track to begin with. I don't think I've come across such a stuck up, rude cow in my whole life.

Avoid this place like the plague. We will not be staying here when we return to amsterdam next year.

Room Tip: Do not pick room 201. Infested with bed bugs and wifi does not work.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends