“Absolute trash” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sphinx Hotel

You added Sphinx Hotel to your Saves list
Sphinx Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Weteringschans 82, 1017 XR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #347 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Absolute trash”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked for 13 nights and these were the worst nights of my life. Don't get me wrong, I am from Pakistan and I know what worst means. The staff were very unfriendly, absolute lack of communication skills. Breakfast was poor and the rooms untidy. However, the worst things were the bed bugs; whole lot of them. I left the hotel after 4 nights and shifted to somewhere else. They refused to refund the rest of money for the duration I wasn't going to stay. I developed hypersensitivity to bed bugs bite and had to take steroids for three months with 4 days of work loss.
I would stay in a trash bin but not in this hell hole.

Room Tip: Always read the reviews before you book a hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank yasaryousafzai

Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We picked this "hotel" because of its location and price but after the three worst nights in my live I can say, that it was realy realy expensive stay. There are bed bugs all around the place!! After first night my GF has a lot of bites but we didn't know from what but second night I woke up in the middle of the night and we had bed full of the bugs - that was a seriousely disgusting! Third night it was the same with only difference that we were expecting them. But the worst thing is you can bring this insect to your home and get a rid of that is not easy at all!! So I am a bit paranoic at the moment.
OK, all the rooms are small and dirty as well as the showers. Breakfast is poor also, but everything could be acceptable but not the bugs!

Seriousely guys DO NOT GO THERE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HonzaFromPrague

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Don't book this place! I did - and cancelled but they still took the money and said I never cancelled!! £300 out of my bank - & now being charged for being in my overdraft & cant afford to feed my daughter!!! No compensation or money given back for their error!

Room Tip: Stay in the street! or the Craft appartments
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank lauraj83
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our recent trip March. We then found alternative arrangements and cancelled our booking over the phone in january with plenty of notice. We have just got back from a wonderful stay at the craft apartments (would highly recommend!!) to find they have debited £300 from our bank account!! They now claim we never cancelled our stay and to be fair there is nothing we can do to prove we did!! We accepted the loss of our deposit etc - but to have £300 STOLEN from a bank account absolutly disgusting - don't even bother considering this place... Obviously out to rip tourists off

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Shellysprinkles90
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I havent even stayed in a hostel that was as bad as this place. It cost me a small fortune for a room on the top floor, up the steepest stairs ever ive seen, to find that the double room was actually the smallest room ive ever stayed in with a bunk bed. Wouldnt recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple