“Hotel Weber Amsterdam (Rm 6)”
Review of Hotel Weber

Hotel Weber
Ranked #57 of 336 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Hotel Weber Amsterdam (Rm 6)”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Have come to Amsterdam for a few nights from Uk. Hotel Weber is in a great location both to get to from Amsterdam Airport (Train / Tram / short 2 min walk from Lidsesplien) and to get to things once in Amsterdam everything within walking distance and trams from Lidseplein.
Hotel Room was spacious, clean, warm, nice decor and really liked the convenient fridge / sink area. Very steep stairs to rooms, but it's Amsterdam.
Nice views onto typical Amsterdam street and could just see edge of a canal. Busy street with regular trams passing, I guess it was fairly noisy but there's great sound proffing when the windows are closed. The noise didn't bother me and there are earplugs in room if needed.
Nice bar (Luxe) on street and Weber bar too.
Very happy with the hotel room and would come again.

Room Tip: Not suitable for someone with mobility problems. Stairs very steep!
Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Lovely large and stylish bedroom and bathroom, friendly and helpful staff, good location. Finding our way back on the Friday night we noticed the bars next door, but once in the very comfy bed we slept very well all three nights of our stay without needing the earplugs provided. We'll be looking to stay there again on any future visit to Amsterdam.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tehran
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed there for a night and here is my observation;
Positive:
Great Location/ Nicely decorated rooms/ Very well equipped for a B&B/ Basket of fresh bread in the morning
Negative:
Steep and long staircase therefore not recommended for senior citizens or those with knee problem/ No A/C so can be warm during summer time/ Since located in a very busy part of the city it can be noisy but they provide earplugs for you

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the back street.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Doing my research for my trip to Amsterdam, i wanted to stay around the Leidseplein area which was the main square with all the restaurants and nightlife are. I booked into Weber because of the reviews i had read and i can confirm how good it is. We requested a room with a balcony and on arrival we were told that we were given the only room in the entire hotel with a balcony. the room was spacious, warm, functional and very appealing. the breakfast concept was such a wow factor, even the smallest articles from the impressive outlay was restocked everyday. Nesspresso machine in every room. Room was cleaned well everyday. The stairs were an added charm to the hotel and we slept well and were oblivious of noise if any at all..
I agree with my fellow travelers who have reviewed this hotel.. i would come back and stay in this charming 6 room hotel any day

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ineedsoftbeds
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Besides writing reviews, I also read those of others. So I chose the Hotel Weber, knowing about the narrow staircase, and asked for a room in a low floor . The room was well decorated, clean, comfortable and stylish. The bathroom, despite being in a century-old house was very modern. Managers do not spend all their time at the hotel, but there are a phone available for emergencies. The differential of this Hotel is the breakfast: you can take it in the room. The view from the room is also interesting. The location is perfect. I recommend, and if I come back, I'll stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Before you enter your room you might even be disappointed with the door bell or stair which are so narrow and sooo vertical but I guarantee that it worths when you are in your room! From stylish wall paitings to elegant bath or great breakfast to huge bed, it worths. When we visit Amsterdam again I am sure that we will chose the exact same hotel. Only problem which was minor, we faced was that our discount we got while booking tghrough their website did not appear in their computer system but as soon as we claimed it, they confirmed. And everything is solved out, we left there happy like we stayed :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Was looking forward my stay but room 2 is a nightmare. It just above the bar which parties at the weekend until 4am with loud music. I have been told that the other rooms do not have this problem - but that doesn't matter if you are staying in room 2. After my trip I complained in writing twice but never received any respond. What can you do but advise oths

• Stayed January 2011