“Not bad Hotel if young and on budget”
Review of Atlanta Hotel

Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #307 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We stayed at this hotel last year and found it a good bargain considering where it is located in the city. We read a lot of rather negative review on the hotel which I think were unfair. People said it was loud, well you are staying in a town square full of pubs, a coffee shop and clubs so that's what going to happen. If you don't want to see that side of Amsterdam then don't stay here. The staff were friendly enough and offered us an upgrade when we arrived with a jacuzzi bath which admittedly didn't work but as he didn't request this in the first place this was not a proble. The room was spacious, the one complaint I would have is that we asked for a double bed but we had single beds shoved together. Other than that I think the Hotel is reasonable and gets unfair write ups from what I've read elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carriechiz

Reviewed July 8, 2009

We spent 4 nights here, upon arrival we were informed that we had been given a 'free upgrade' to the spa bath. This simply meant a bath with jets, that sounded like a pack of dogs barking when i accidentally turned them on.
These busking musicians played right outside our window every night, which was quite novel the first night. By the last night we wanted them dead because they only knew one song...
Besides that the room was really clean and spacious, tea and coffee, flatscreen tv, great view of Rembrandtplein, just over 5 mins walk to 'Dam square.
We found it on the expensive side compared to similar hotels in the area, but still recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrFalla
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The so called "deluxe room" I had, was hardly a normal hotel room, no soap no shampoo or any accessories in the bathroom (I was glad they were having towels). The room is very noisy, the windows are not closing very tight (I am not talking about sound isolation, or anything like that, because it ain't there).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Stayed in room 33 in the attic, there is 68 stairs up to this room, which was an absolute nightmare to carry bags up to. The room smelt like it had not been used in years it was very dusty, sheets on bed were dirty, room full of family pictures which is very scary looked like people out of a horror movie. Woke up during the night with little insects in the bed. Very noisy good for young people who don't mind were they stay or what they stay in!! Only stayed one night had booked 3 and moved to better hotel at the same price. Would never stay there again

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank anita1harris
Reviewed March 12, 2009

...Cheerful and clean,apart from the showers and toilets that you share!

Room was clean,staff were friendly,Hotel nice and central.
Toilets and showers were disgusting.I didn't bother to shower for four days!Plus i used toilets in Coffee shops and Bars,far more cleaner.
I guess you get what you pay for,i would stay again but maybe for 2 or 3 days.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2009

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Atlanta Hotel in December for a week. They stay itself was good although our room was right next to reception therefore very noisy. When I booked I provided credit card details to secure the room however when I arrived I paid in full using my debit card. About a week after my return to England my credit card details were used in Amsterdam and £320 was taken off my credit card. I never use this card, I dint even take it to amsterdam and have only ever supplied details to the atlanta hotel to secure the room!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Hotel Atlanta is located in the popular Rembrantplein Catch the number 4 or 9 tram from central station (approx 5 mins) or walk in about 30mins. Location is less than 5 mins from the flower markets and 20 mins from the red light district. The hotel is above bars. Reception is on the second floor up some very steep steps (This is certainly a problem at this hotel and you need to be able bodied). Staff are friendly and helpful but the rooms are very poor (Even for a 3 star). There is very little difference between the standard and deluxe. Rooms are small with a poor level of cleanliness. There is a kettle in the room but no cups and only powdered milk. The room I stayed in has sit up bath with shower over. Very deep and even myself at 6ft tall found it hard to get out of. Towels are old,and tatty and not especially clean! My room didn't even have a pillow case and although staying ffor more than 1 night fresh towels, soap etc were not replaced. Whole decor in rooms and landings need updating. Location of the hotel is good though but I found much cheaper alternatives for better facilitites.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)