Hotel Roemer
$242
$292
$195
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$317
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$81
$57
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$264
$204
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$414
$384
Agoda.com
$562
$316
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$107
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

All reviewsjacuzzi bathquiet streetsister hotelmuseum quarterhonesty barjunior suiteoverlooking the gardenthe main hotelvan gogh museumgreat boutiquecanal ringwalk in showerminute walklovely hotelespresso machinemini barflat screen tv
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Lovely hotel in a quiet neighborhood, but close to tourist attractions, shopping, museums, and Vondel Park. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. We had a superior room which was large enough, but had furniture that was too big for the room, so getting around the bed was difficult. The bathroom was quite modern, but highly dysfunctional. The sink was too shallow to was your face and the shower stall was tiny. There were no instructions about how to use the jacuzzi tub, so we soaked the bathroom with the spray nozzle when we turned on the water. The cleaning staff were not friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Delightful to sit after a day of walking/biking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Thebeejer,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel and the time you took to share your experiences on this website, this is much appreciated. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and specifically value the friendliness of our reception staff but will definitely consider your comments with regards to the room & bathroom layout and instructions on how to use the jacuzzi. Needless to say I expect all our staff to be friendly and helpful, as you may too, and will take this up with the responsible department head.

I hope to be able to welcome you once more in the hotel when staying in Amsterdam, please reach out to me personally if I can be of any particular assistance.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Nice comfy clean executive room in a hotel tucked away in a quiet little street just outside the Canal belt of Amsterdam. The room itself was quite large with a very comfy king size bed and a spa bath. It is quite modern, well furnished with all the mod cons including free Wifi in rooms and represented great value, with the rate we paid less then other hotels I looked at and less then what I expected to pay(we booked the day before checking in and stayed mid week). I wouldn't say all the staff were overly helpful, not rude but maybe just uninterested, but if you are looking for somewhere quiet to stay in Amsterdam I would recommend you give it a go

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel R
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Daniel R,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Roemer as your preferred place to stay and share some thoughts online with fellow travelers. I value your comments with regards to the comfort and price/value of the room off course, I regret the fact that not all staff members were able to meet nor exceed your expectations though, this is not the way we envisage a visit to our hotel.
I hope I will personally have a chance to welcome you back in Amsterdam and show our passion for hospitality, please reach out to me directly if I can be of any particular assistance.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hotel Roemer is a relatively small (about 20 room) hotel near the Leidseplein and the museum district. It's tucked away behind the (much larger) Marriott on a side street, so there's not much outside noise. The hotel is in two converted townhomes, which means that some things are a bit cramped, like the stairs (there is an elevator, though).

The room is very well furnished: modern, good amenities, and very clean. The bathroom is modern as well, though the drain for keeping the water in the shower didn't work that well. The bed was very comfortable.

The biggest negative was that the room was small, even by European standards. The bed (supposedly a queen, but perhaps a double) had about 50-60 cm clearance on *both* sides, making it difficult for me (a tall man) to get in and out. There wasn't much other usable space in the room, and no sitting chair, only a desk chair. The staff offered to let me switch after the second (of three) nights, but I'd need to have packed up and unpacked - not worth it. The hotel has free wifi, but you need to get a (free) code each day for each device, which is a bit of a pain.

My rate was somewhat high, even for Amsterdam, and didn't include breakfast, though others I talked to said that this was due to some of the specific dates on which I stayed - I don't doubt it, since many hotels were full when I looked for a room.

I'd definitely stay again - the hotel would be great for a couples' vacation or another business trip to Amsterdam. However, make sure you get one of the larger rooms; I apparently had the "cozy" room.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank santacruzer_95060

Dear Santacruzer_95060,

Thank you very much for your visit to Hotel Roemer and taking some of your valuable time to share some of your thoughts online. I appreciate your praising words with regards to the hotel and its location in general, and do have to agree that the room you stayed is a rather cozy one with a queen size bed. I will definitely look into your comment with regards to the drain of the shower, whether its functionality or its layout is up to standards; needless to say feedback like yours is extremely valuable to us in order to look into critical improvement points in our service and organization.

Again, many thanks for your visit, be sure to personally contact me when planning a future visit so I can look after your booking myself.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Everything about our 2 night stay was perfect.
Our arrival was greeted by very pleasant and helpful staff.
The room was quiet and very well equipped.
Breakfast was good. We enjoyed the omelets and pancakes.
We enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard.
The staff could not have been more helpful in planning our days in Amsterdam.
The location was quiet and very handy to the museums.
The staff helped us plan our onward journey to France.
We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Abbie32,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and the time you took to share your thoughts online; we truly value the feedback of our guests. I am very pleased to notice that you describe your stay with us as ‘perfect’, this is the experience we envisage for our guests!

Please contact me directly in case I can be of assistance when planning a return visit, I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were upgraded to a basement executive room and were more than happy! Plenty of room, a walk in wardrobe, double shower, double sinks and a fantastic jacuzzi bath. The French doors also opened onto a lovely landscaped garden at the rear of the property. There's free wifi and a lovely espresso machine, the only (small) negative I'd give was the bed - although very comfortable, it consisted of two mattresses pushed together. But this was a minor point.

Location wise it's a two minute walk to Vondel Park and the museums and a five minute walk in the opposite direction to Leidensplatz. The staff were very friendly and helpful, even lending my wife a brolly when it started raining.

This is a great little hotel, definitely one we'll look to use again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ell33,

I appreciate the time you spent to write this positive note on your recent stay with us, thank you for that. Needless to say I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; an upgrade to one of our spacious rooms in the basement surely is a treat! Please know that the hotel also features king-size bedded rooms with one mattresses instead of two separates.

I am proud that we were a part of your positive experience during your visit to our city and sure hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,