“Nice for a Casino”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice for a Casino”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Looks nice for a casino. they aim for classy people so you will not be allowed in with shorts. looks nice but stays a casino

Visited July 2012

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Top notch casino”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've been to many casino in my time including most in Vegas and this is well run and a pleasant place to be. I even walked out up which is always nice.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Terry M
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really like this place”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been to Amsterdam a few times and always visit the Holland Casino.

OK - it's not like the casinos in Las Vegas or anywhere else in the USA - but no European casinos are so direct comparisons can not be made and would be unfair. Yes there is an entrance charge but we have always picked up entrance passes at whichever hotel we are staying at so have never had to pay. I think this entrance fee may be the norm for visitors to European casinos because in Spain I know they charge E3.

We are from the UK and never have to pay to enter our casinos BUT they are a poor imitation of their European or US counterparts - government legislation means that there is a maximum number of slot machines allowed. I think it is 20!

The staff at the Holland Amsterdam are really nice and there is a good atmosphere, although, unlike the US where all drinks are free while gambling and the UK where soft drinks, coffee/tea and sandwiches are free, you have to pay for your drinks. No cocktails waitresses walking around!

Also, whilst The Netherlands is now 'non-smoking' in line with most of the rest of Europe, there is a glassed-in area within the Holland Casino which is a smoking area. Now and again an announcement is made requesting the gamblers not to smoke while staff enter the area to tidy up.

I love slots and VP machines and my husband likes to play poker (there is a poker room downstairs) so the Holland Casino keeps us both very happy.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank FlyVegas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun with free admission.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've never heard of a casino charging admission to enter so that was new but we had the i-Amsterdam card which included free admission and we had some time to kill after eating at the nearby Hard Rock Cafe and before we took a scheduled canal cruise so we stopped here. We spent about an hour and a half here playing one slot machine and walked away breaking exactly even. It was worth it for what turned out to be free entertainment and excitement trying to get more and more bonus games on our machine. I'd stop here again with free admission.

Visited July 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“"Poor"”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Been to many casino this have to be the worst casino ever! I'm so angry I don't know what to write. I won twice and few hundred pounds didn't get my money! Rip off please don't go to this casino! U'll never win anything big here! :(

2 Thank ManUtd69