“Incredible bargain”
Review of Hotel Brouwer

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Brouwer
Ranked #201 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times. We love everything about it - price, value, location, staff, incredible view. However, this hotel is not for everyone. The rooms are basic, but clean. The elevator is tiny - enough for 2 people and 2 very small pieces of luggage. Breakfast is good - but the same every day and we often miss it because we are gone before 8:30 a.m. when they begin service. But we cannot imagine staying anywhere else when we visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank luvroma2

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hotel Brouwer has a nice homely feel, relaxed atmosphere and the staff are friendly and easy to get on with. It's well located in a quieter part of the centre with a few nice bars and cafes in the area.
The hotel is basic but nice, I usually try to stay here when I visit Amsterdam and the price is reasonable for the centre. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I picked this place due to it's location to some museums and the central district. The location was great. But the facility was a disappointment. It felt like the owners/managers didn't want to be bothered. The had strict hours of operations (8:30 am to 8:00 pm) and beyond those hours they were not to be disturbed. Even breakfast wasn't served until 8:30. You seldom saw the staff and it was as if they were avoiding their guests. Our room was large. Our bed was OK. The bathroom was good. But the room was extremely difficult to get to (had to carry 3 suitcases up 3 floors) and it was very noisy with canal parties all night long. I wouldn't stay here again. The location was good, but it wasn't worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce S
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hotel Brouwer is very well located in a lovely part of town and a short walk from the railway station. All the staff are helpful and welcoming and the rooms have a refreshing simplicity to them. Great place for a few days to sightsee and enjoy the canal views. Breakfast is simple and well served - fresh warm croissants, rolls and jam and boiled egg. Very good value and well run hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank campingcaz
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at the Hotel Brouwer. My room was small but very cute and quaint. My bathroom was comfortable and had a nice hot shower. The view of the canal from the window was spectacular; everything you could imagine Amsterdam to be. Yes, it was a little noisy outside at night, but what can you expect being right on the Singel Canal? And it quieted down before midnight. The man snoring in the next room was worse than the noise outside - LOL. I didn't eat the breakfast because there were plenty of other places I wanted to try - don't miss the Pancake Bakery! Going down the spiral stairs made me dizzy, but thank goodness there is a tiny lift to bring you and your luggage up. And even though there were women "working" next door, I never even noticed until I left in the middle of the day and saw a rather endowed woman sitting in the window. Amsterdam - gotta love it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Cyndi O
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My two sisters and myself stayed here in February for about a week. The staff was great , the breakfast delicious and the price affordable. The location can't be beaten. The hotel is a beautiful building dating from 1652. The owner told us that the hotel was renovated in 1998 but that they tried to keep it looking as original as possible. There was free wifi and even a small elevator, more intended for the luggage since the house has a very winding staircase. Would go back here anytime although sometimes it is hard to get a reservation I was told.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank globetrotter51
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Well located, historic rooms overlooking the Singel Canal, amusing lift almost room for 2! Comfortable beds, good simple set breakfast, just wait it just keeps coming! What more could you want! Oh yes it was cheap too.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the canal