Hotel Brouwer
  • Room Service
$242
$195
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

$295
  • Breakfast included
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$167
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$354
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$141
$88
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$493
  • Restaurant
All reviewssingel canalsoft boiled eggtop floorrembrandt roombill clintonsloping floorsthe red light districtanne frank housebring earplugsstay there againbreakfast roomcharming hotelyour luggageeasy walking distanceminute walk from the train stationthree nightsbreakfast is served
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Such a great hotel in such a great location in such a great city. The hotel is so charming and it has such a historical feel as it has been restored back to its 17th century charm. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included and delicious,and the hotel has a lift. I repeat...the hotel has a lift! We were so happy we didn't have to lug our suitcases up the stairs. The view out of our room was perfect. It looked right out over the canal and was a quintessential view of Amsterdam. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone we knew who was traveling to Amsterdam. You're missing out if you don't stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Amy J
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I loved this little place. Was a bit wary as you dont pay a deposit but all was well when we arrived. Room on the second floor was a great size and very comfortable with an amazing view over the canals. An added bonus was the lift - a rare sight in Amsterdams old canal houses.The lovely beams and furniture really added to our stay

We chose not to have breakfast as theres so many places within walking distance. it was an ideal location, walking distance to the brown cafes and many sights.

I also thought it was very well priced for central Amsterdam
The staff member on arrival ( a young guy) was very friendly and helpful however we didnt see him again and the other staff members werent the most helpful with suggestions of where to go etc

Overall I would defintly stay here again and would be so dissapointed if I couldnt get a room

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank snowey23
Reviewed October 15, 2013

At the end of three week sin Europe, this was the highlight of my trip. The building dates back to the 17th century and hasn't changed a lot since. We asked for a double bed but were delighted to find we had the whole level to ourselves (or technically, three levels) with whole living room which used to house an entire family, complete with a dining table, television and an old curtained bed. Interior decoration was perfect, Delft tiles everywhere and antique furniture. The bathroom was the only modern part and the bedroom was rather like smaller version of a typical Parisian apartment. Both rooms looked straight out onto the tree lined canal, an ideal view of Amsterdam. For anyone who struggles to sleep, earplugs may be necessary because everything creaks and the street could be heard from the living room which I slept in. The hotel is right on the edge of the red-light district, though we didn't even notice until we walked past at night when the windows were lit up to reveal women sitting in the windows. One can easily avoid this by crossing the canal or walking in the opposite direction. Perfect location, near the Dam square yet only three canals over from the Jordaan district. The breakfast room was lovely too, two quiet poodles and fresh bread to authentic music.

Room Tip: Perhaps sleep in the room intended for sleeping, could be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nina D
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here in Sept, based on reviews and recommendation of relative. I booked ahead and asked about elevator as my wife has knee problems. Upon arrival we were shown to our room. The only way to get to it was by stairs, and , were told this was it. Our room was on 3 floors, with steep stairs. Since we were here to start our trip we felt we could tough it our for a couple nights. The noise on the street is also a problem. Sorry, I could not recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank docLongmont
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed here before in July 2012 in the top floor double room, but settled for a single room on the 2nd internal floor (3rd floor from the outside) this time around. The owners were just as arrogant as before, which has it's charms, but began to wear thin after every query was met with a sarcastic response (how dare I ask for another bath towel??).

Me and my friend were given two single rooms, even though I was promised a double and a single many times in my emails to them. "Oh no.. I told you clearly it was two singles.." the owner replied. Um, ok :(

The street noise was atrocious.. from 07:00 - 23:00 all you can hear is the loud whiny buzz of the motor scooters that are so prevalent there these days - I genuinely feel sorry for the residents of the area who have to put up with this din most of the day. It just went on and on, especially through both rush hours, and would ruin your trip if you didn't bring ear plugs and close the windows. An afternoon nap is nigh on impossible without ear plugs.

My single room was poor (the Mesdag room), with the wonky floor making the mattress slip off the bed at times. The shower head holder was broken, so the shower head had to be held in the hand during use. The cupboard door wouldn't lock and swung open unless wedged shut with a piece of card or somesuch. A drawer was missing from the bedside cabinet.

The breakfast was nice.. multiple rolls, croissants and tea cakes, complete with jam, butter, orange juice and a large pot of coffee made it a joy to begin the day. The cutlery was filthy though.. unfortunately I'm not exaggerating. I didn't suffer sickness due to this though, thankfully. Be prepared to be pestered by the two dogs they let roam the hotel.. they'll beg and whine for food, with the owner just glaring at you, whilst allowing this annoyance to continue.

The wi-fi worked in my room, but doesn't work on the top floor.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again, due to the poor hygiene, poor condition of the room and street noise, but the double rooms are not without their charm and are very spacious. I'll stay in a regular hotel next time though.

Overall, a below average hotel with lots of charm. It's up to you whether you want to take a chance.

Room Tip: Go for a double room, high up.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends