“Don't stay there.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Acca/Van Gogh
Ranked #372 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed October 19, 2008

How does this hotel manage to be listed with 3 stars? It is not up to 1 star standard. Fortunately we only stayed one night. The whole place is shabby, scruffy, run down and falling to pieces. The first room we were given had no light shades, just bear bulbs and only one of these worked. The net curtains were streaked brown from cigarette smoke and the wardrobe was only fit for fire wood. We then wasted part of our stay in Amsterdam waiting for a change of room, which at least was a little better, although I've discarded beds in better condition. Don't stay there, you'll be very disappointed if you do!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lilymarlene

Reviewed October 13, 2008

It´s a very shabby and scruffy hotel. For hygienic reasons don´t stay there.

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank ultraviolett
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Ugly hotel.
I stayed 6 nights.
It's rated as 3 stars but in reality it doesn't deserve more than 1-2 stars.
Dirty bedspread, burnt furniture, lean breakfast (no buffet and always the same).
They don't change towels at all (even if leave them on the floor)

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank World69
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Stayed two days in the hotel. booked two double rooms.
The hotel location is for sure the best thing. When i read the reviews on this site i was a little bit scared for the hotel but considering the price we payed it was not that bad. Its located in the more expensive and relaxed part of amsterdam near the museums and walking distance from the nightlife. rooms where big but clrearly old!! breakfast was nothing special bread ham cheese milk coffie thee etc. Better to go out to the center and have breakfast there. I would not recommend this hotel to families who want to stay for a week or for lovers who want a romantic weekend. But if you looking for a good located hotel and dont mind that you dont have paperview in your room this is not that bad of a choice. good luck

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2008

This hotel was purely disgusting. I woke in the middle of the night to a mouse sitting on my suitcase, eating my airline tags. I went to the front desk, where they told me it's normal to have mice in the summer. Nice. [--] this place for sure.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank badacca
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I just came home from a weekend stay at Acca. After reading these reviews I was so terrified, but I was happy to find out that we had a big room with four single beds. Clean sheets, clean room. The bathroom was clean, but not the nicest one. It had some strange spots on the walls, but you get what you pay for. We chose this hotel because we wanted something cheap. Well, to be the cheapest hotell we could find in Amsterdam, it was a lot better than we expected. I also felt very safe that the receptionist was very strict with giving out the key, we almost had to show ID. And he always asked where the others were if we didn't go home all four at once.
I would recommend this.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I have just returned from a weekend break in Amsterdam, staying in this absolute pile of flith hotel. The lift didn't work, there were no batteries in the TV remote and the room was in a terrible state..

I travelled with my moaning wife and she hated it more than me, I would recommend people stay away from this hotel at all costs.

Ps - The staff were very helpful and it was in a great location but the hotel needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple