“Bad choice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Acca/Van Gogh
Ranked #361 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Europe
“Bad choice”
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Ugly hotel.
I stayed 6 nights.
It's rated as 3 stars but in reality it doesn't deserve more than 1-2 stars.
Dirty bedspread, burnt furniture, lean breakfast (no buffet and always the same).
They don't change towels at all (even if leave them on the floor)

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank World69

berlijn
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Stayed two days in the hotel. booked two double rooms.
The hotel location is for sure the best thing. When i read the reviews on this site i was a little bit scared for the hotel but considering the price we payed it was not that bad. Its located in the more expensive and relaxed part of amsterdam near the museums and walking distance from the nightlife. rooms where big but clrearly old!! breakfast was nothing special bread ham cheese milk coffie thee etc. Better to go out to the center and have breakfast there. I would not recommend this hotel to families who want to stay for a week or for lovers who want a romantic weekend. But if you looking for a good located hotel and dont mind that you dont have paperview in your room this is not that bad of a choice. good luck

• Liked — location / doors open 24hrs with nightporter / price
  • Disliked — rooms badly decorated / breakfast /
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
USA
Reviewed July 7, 2008

This hotel was purely disgusting. I woke in the middle of the night to a mouse sitting on my suitcase, eating my airline tags. I went to the front desk, where they told me it's normal to have mice in the summer. Nice. [--] this place for sure.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — The Mice
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank badacca

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

mixtape
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I just came home from a weekend stay at Acca. After reading these reviews I was so terrified, but I was happy to find out that we had a big room with four single beds. Clean sheets, clean room. The bathroom was clean, but not the nicest one. It had some strange spots on the walls, but you get what you pay for. We chose this hotel because we wanted something cheap. Well, to be the cheapest hotell we could find in Amsterdam, it was a lot better than we expected. I also felt very safe that the receptionist was very strict with giving out the key, we almost had to show ID. And he always asked where the others were if we didn't go home all four at once.
I would recommend this.

• Liked — location, price
  • Disliked — a bit shabby bathroom
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I have just returned from a weekend break in Amsterdam, staying in this absolute pile of flith hotel. The lift didn't work, there were no batteries in the TV remote and the room was in a terrible state..

I travelled with my moaning wife and she hated it more than me, I would recommend people stay away from this hotel at all costs.

Ps - The staff were very helpful and it was in a great location but the hotel needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TonyT78
bolton
Reviewed November 5, 2007

This is the worst place in Amsterdam. We booked two twin rooms but the manager tried to palm us off with a huge, cold, filthy, dangerous, unhealthy,smelly dorm style room with four single beds, one wardrobe (with no doors, it's own graffiti, no hangers or rail) and a bathroom we felt dirtier coming out of! He gave us an extra room eventually but we didn't use it on the second night as we felt safer all sleeping together in one room. We didn't try the breakfest after imagining the condition the kitchen must be in. Honestly, trust the reviews on this site. We didn't and regretted it.

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank adampowell
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 29, 2007

This was by far the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. The carpets were not vacuumed, the blankets on the beds had cigarette burns in them, wires were hanging out of the ceiling, the bathroom shower curtain had mold and mildew on it, the bathroom and shower floor had hair on it and there were spider webs all over the place. To top off the already terrible room conditions, the temperature in the room was well over 100 degrees (F) while sleeping at night. The breakfast was a complete joke. The hotel charges 7.40 euro for a meal that includes coffee, one slice of bread and one slice of cheese. After leaving the hotel it was concluded that sleeping in the car would have been a better option than staying at this hotel. Overall review: Overpriced, unsanitary and unsafe.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family