Before travelling, I read a lot of reviews regarding this hotel and I must say, I disagree with many of the bad reviews in my experience.
We travelled here in Nov 2013 for a show in the Ziggo Dome.
Firstly, very easy to get to from anywhere! From Schiphol, get the train to Amsterdam-Zuid, then jump on a Metro towards Spaklerweg and get off at Overamstel. Then a simple straight 5-6 min walk which is safe and secure.Then to get to City Centre. Just get the Metro to Spaklerweg and head towards Amsterdam-Centraal. You can also get to Amsterdam Arena/ or Ziggo Dome if you head towards Gein.
On arrival, we were greeted by very friendly staff who were more than happy to help. We stayed on the 5th floor, and chose to book a deluxe room (which was €26 more, but worth it). The deluxe rooms just have nicer things. Nicer TV, good bathroom, and all clean.
One thing that people complained about, was that you had to use your key-card to access the lift, and all hallways. I actually like this idea, it's very safe and secure.
We did not have food in this hotel as it was very expensive. The Petrol Station/ Car Garage outside provides cheap food and is just perfect.
We had one issue. On departure, the fee was approx. €62 over our expected fee. I consulted reception and it turned out that they were trying to charge us for breakfast which we were never offered, nor did we have. I displayed my booking.com booking details form where it clearly stated 'NO BREAKFAST' and displayed the total charge. The problem was quickly rectified and we were not charged. The staff member was quite rude but oh well, we all have bad days.
Overall, cheap, clean and nice. We got it for a great price and we will possibly return in 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers a fitness room which guests can use free of charge, air conditioning and free wireless internet. The lobby has a computer for guests; they can use the internet for free. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel is situated near the A10, exit S11. It's close to the RAI and the Amsterdam Arena. The hotel also has free parking places. You can reach the historical centre of Amsterdam within ten minutes by public transport. Here you can find all the famous attractions within reach. This hotel is therefore ideal for business and leisure guests. Rooms The hotel has 120 comfort rooms, 63 deluxe rooms and 9 Quads. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The deluxe rooms are extra equipped with a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious than the deluxe rooms and are equiped with a sleeping sofa and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and on weekends from 7:00 till 10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam