Was booked into this hotel for an intended 10-day business trip.
When I arrived, I was a tad taken aback at how basic it looked outside. Not quite 'deluxe' as the name suggests, more motel perhaps. There's ample parking outside so great for those driving I suppose. Inside, it looks like it could do with a makeover - rather dated, bare, and as mentioned earlier, basic setting.
Having said that, the room was fairly large and comfortable though. There's a TV, consistent flow of hot water in the shower, good Wifi connection, clean sheets. Nothing outstanding, but decent and bearable nonetheless.
The thing that worked against the hotel is perhaps its location. Situated in the ring roads outside of downtown Amsterdam, it isn't really convenient if you need to be near the action of town, or if you work there like I did. The nearest train station is about 8-10 minutes' walk. You'd need to change trains if you want to head to Central Station which will take another 25 minutes. So quite a commute. Tried to cab in once and it cost me 30 Euros!
And because it is in a light industrial estate, there's really not much to do after dark. No restaurants, bars, clubs, supermarkets, convenience stores to speak of. Streets are empty and quiet. There's a McDonald's but that's a good 20-minute walk away. So really, your best bet is the restaurant and bar within the hotel which serves decent grub, thankfully.
Though there were reviews questioning the hotel's security, I was fortunate enough not to experience any of that.
After 2 nights, I checked out and moved to a newer hotel in the city. So nothing critical against the hotel but the (long) commute got to me especially after a long day in the office.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers a fitness room which guests can use free of charge, air conditioning and free wireless internet. The lobby has a computer for guests; they can use the internet for free. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel is situated near the A10, exit S11. It's close to the RAI and the Amsterdam Arena. The hotel also has free parking places. You can reach the historical centre of Amsterdam within ten minutes by public transport. Here you can find all the famous attractions within reach. This hotel is therefore ideal for business and leisure guests. Rooms The hotel has 120 comfort rooms, 63 deluxe rooms and 9 Quads. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The deluxe rooms are extra equipped with a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious than the deluxe rooms and are equiped with a sleeping sofa and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and on weekends from 7:00 till 10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam