Checked in today to find a Brazilian couple doing the marathon had had their safe cleaned out. Passports, cards, cash gone. Hotel referred them to the police. Reception explained that they have a time record of the room being entered but no cameras in the hallways. Hard to see what else the reception could do at that point in time.
Until I read the other review below. The complaining about cash going missing from the safe.
It's then you start noticing that the lifts and hallway doors are also room card entry only. Odd level of security for a hotel until it's had past problems?
My experience of the hotel is that it's basic and the rooms are tired. Odd choice of wall art as another says but hardly a thing to complain about.
At dinner, the night before the marathon, they're out of pasta and rice. Can understand from a demand perspective but not that they can't send someone to get some more. How hard can that be?
Feels like a hotel being run on a tight budget.
Hotel is a bit of a walk from the tube but the tube is good for both the expo, race start and getting into Central Amsterdam.
You pays your money...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers a fitness room which guests can use free of charge, air conditioning and free wireless internet. The lobby has a computer for guests; they can use the internet for free. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel is situated near the A10, exit S11. It's close to the RAI and the Amsterdam Arena. The hotel also has free parking places. You can reach the historical centre of Amsterdam within ten minutes by public transport. Here you can find all the famous attractions within reach. This hotel is therefore ideal for business and leisure guests. Rooms The hotel has 120 comfort rooms, 63 deluxe rooms and 9 Quads. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The deluxe rooms are extra equipped with a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious than the deluxe rooms and are equiped with a sleeping sofa and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and on weekends from 7:00 till 10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam