“Thanks but no thanks!!”

Townhouse Hotel
Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #183 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Got ripped off!!! Paid over €330 for a place which said it was a hotel!!!!
Hostel would be more fitting. Window wouldn't shut, radiator didn't work and heater provides didn't work either.
Rooms and hotel stunk of weed constantly, where people in other rooms were smoking.
However the room was very clean and tidy, with a shower and toilet in the room.
Think they need a health and safety inspector in, as there was a light (a normal light, as you would find in your living room), hanging in the shower, right next to the shower head.
So did not turn that on whilst showering, as electrocution was not on my list of things to experience in Amsterdam.
My overall advice..... Find somewhere else!!!!
It's a dump!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Townhouse Hotel is a dump. Their rooms are horrible, nasty, ugly, smelly, and disgusting. I looked at their site from your page and booked a room when I arrived at the so call "Townhouse Hotel" it does not exist. You have to go to the ITC Hotel across the street. The sign on the door at the "Townhouse Hotel" says that they are under renovation. Well when I check with the City there is no such thing that's not true. So they are very misleading people about who they are and what they are selling. Do yourself a favor stop selling rooms at this place its a nightmare. For the price its not worth it. Invest in a few extra dollars and stay at a nicer place. The ITC Hotel my room was in the Basement lot's of Bugs, and the Housekeeper idiot left my Door open after he so call "clean" my room. The sheets are dirty and smelly, I was unable to open my window because there was no window. Its a nightmare never in my life again would I stay in this dump or want to refer anyone to this dump. This is just the beginning in a series of letter's that I will write to every site that is promoting this horrible place. And on top of that the Breakfast is not even FREE you have to pay for it. The picture that they have on here is not even the real picture. Its a picture of another building so its misleading. So you yourself a favor, I know its cheap but save yourself the headache and invest in a nice room. I paid $89 a night and its not worth it. Its a nightmare.

Its a dump!

Room Tip: Do a lot of research stay away from some of these so call Bed and Breakfast that look all fancy. The...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2010

...but we didn't. And we didn't end up staying anyway because they lost our reservation. It being Queen's Day, they were booked. We'd walked from Centraal Station with our luggage to the address of the hotel, which had a note on the door directing us to check-in at another hotel nearby. So we walked there, where the receptionist told us she had no record of our reservation (I showed her our confirmation email), and agreed to book us at another hotel. We didn't want to make a fuss, but she wouldn't, pay for a taxi to the hotel 15 minutes away. So we left, but not before using the toilet, which was obviously a shared bathroom for the rooms -- it was stinky and dirty. We ended up being GLAD we didn't stay after all, as our replacement hotel (Atlas Hotel by Vondelpark) was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed November 17, 2009

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 2, 2009

on our arrival we was put in another hotel so choosing your hotel was pointless............The room was very poor ......... room was tiny , curtain's did'nt fit. really old fashioned and the bedding was stained!!!! For the price we paid we could of stayed in a top hotel back home so overall very dissapointed would'nt recoomend to stay here.............

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed June 21, 2009

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed March 24, 2009

The Townhouse is a mere 10 m from the tram stop. I checked in at the ITC right across the street. My room was ready early which was a bonus. The stairs, all though steep as usual, were very manageable. I was in a private single room #25 on the 1st floor. The hotel is "smoker friendly" just make sure you open the window! I The hotel is within 15 minutes of the Leidsplein, Waterloopein and the Rembrandtplein. Give the Townhouse a try and hopefully you'll be as happy as I was!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo