See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel serves a purpose, it is cheap, basic with a very poor breakfast. But, notwithstanding that, no guest should have to suffer being verbally insulted by the manager.

Thankfully we only stayed for one night. On arrival we found that the carpet in our room was wet all over (saturated in places) and after being told "the hotel is full" we were offered no apology. One member of staff came and inspected the carpet and admitted to both of us that is was wet, albeit worse in some places than others. Then as we were checking out the manager changed his mind saying the carpet was washed recently and only wet in parts, (as if this is acceptable) and still offered no apology, instead the manager insinuated that it was us who were lying. We had to keep all our possessions off the floor to protect them.

We are happy to stay in cheap accommodation and pay the bare minimum and we do not expect anything more than a clean place to stay when doing so however we certainly don’t expect to be verbally abused in the way we were. The manager of this hotel reflects something out of the 1930's and can only be described as a ville ogre milking people of their cash.

That is not to mention the corridor smelt of vomit, the breakfast was basic at best and the location less than desirable.

The other staff were fine, perhaps the manager should take a few lessons from them! It is a shame that this Hotel has such poor management as I am sure if it had better management it would be a pleasant place to stay, at a reasonable price

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Al k K
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Aside from being a little far from the center of Amsterdam (which wasn't that big of a deal seeing that there was public transportation easily accessible), it was average in every other way. The rooms were small but each room got their own bathroom and shower, which was a nice change of pace. The bar attached to the hotel was a nice hang out spot for me and my new friends. Of course everyone wonders about wifi nowadays, and wifi was available in the lobby and VERY scarcely in the rooms. Overall, you get what you paid for.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

It wasn't as bad as what I thought.. Our room was nice.. There is a market across the road from the hostel, supermarket and other shops. Room was clean and people we sort of friendly.. Not always but we only used the hostel to sleep in and keep our things.. We didn't spend much time there.

Yes you have to get the bus to central but it's not rocket science.. If you stay here definitely get a 72hr GVB bus and tram pass from the tourist place in town.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Krysti109
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I booked the hotel and then looked at trip advisor reviews.....Disaster! so let me share with you my take on the Hotel. The Hotel is about 10k from city centre with great transport links from outside all well explained by the staff. Rooms are 2 star at best and the décor is tired and rundown BUT they are clean, plenty of towels, good showers, comfy beds, Self service Breakfast with freshly baked croissants and a TV that works better than some of the 4 star place I've been to. The reception staff were helpful to me and always attentive.
It is cheap to stay here and you get what you pay for (how much time are you in the hotel?). Its the sort of hotel that back packers and students flock to and there was some noise late into the night as people arrive back. The hotels length is over shops/bars/restaurants and I was listening to the Turkish top 10 at about 3.00 one morning but it was the rain that woke me up and the music was faint but audible. In summary, If I was in my 20's and a backpacker or student I would go there but as I'm older I won't be going back. I need a bit more of a comfortable environment and like my breakfast served if you know what I mean but you get what you pay for so the choice is yours

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having booked the trip and only checked Trip Advisor afterwards we were expecting the worse. We were very pleasantly surprised, the young man in Reception was friendly, polite and efficient, the room was clean and the bed was clean and comfortable. The buffet style continental breakfast was well stocked. The hotel was full of young people so it was a little noisy, because young people are!
The location is excellent, we got the 69 bus from the airport and walked the last 5 minutes to the hotel on a straight well lit road. The return bus stop is directly outside the hotel. trams to the centre of Amsterdam run every 10 minutes or so. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple