$241
$193
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

$194
Hotels.com
$188
$164
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$269
$242
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $436/night.

Hotel Sebastian's(Amsterdam)
$193
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

NH City Centre Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
$178
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$223
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

$466
$347
$210
$199
Kimpton
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$214
$197
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $229/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 4, 2007

This hotel is incomparable - it is located in a bad area of Amsterdam and you will regret having chosen this place! It will ruin your time in Amsterdam, which has so much to offer! As said before, the neigborhood is dangerous and dirty, a less afluent area of Amsterdam. The staff of Nieuw Slotania is not friendly: our room was not cleaned once!!! We asked them to clean it a few times and they said they would - however of course they did not. The breakfast was really bad, but we were mostly angry about the dirty and ugly room. When we left we told them that we were dissatisfied with the service: we exchanged email addresses and they promised to get in touch with us. We emailed explaining our situation again and they only replied once saying they would investigate in our case. I emailed many times but never received a reply - they do not provide their customers with service. Why would they care about someone who has already left anyways? While we stayed and complained about the dirty room they called the cleaning lady to explain the situation - she said she wasn't responsible to clean our room and our mess!! We only wanted her to make our bed and give us new towels. Unbelievable! Do not stay here, it will make you angry and leave you with a bad impression of Amsterdam/Netherlands and it doesnt have to be that way!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NoraFee
Reviewed May 20, 2007

We stayed in the Slotainia from 16th-20th May. After reading some of the reviews left by other people after we had made the booking - We felt like we wanted to cancel but we thought we would just see how it went. The hotel its self is nothing flash. You basically get what you pay for - Cheap accomodation with friendly and helpful hotel staff. The rooms are of a clean standard (very basic) you get a bed, bathroom with Shower and a TV in the room. Also there is a complimentary breakfast of a morning between 7am - 10am which is continental but enough to set you up for the day. The only problem you may find is that from the hotel to the centre of Amsterdam is a 20minute bus/tram ride away, which can get pretty costly if your doing it 2-3 times a day or there are more than 4 or you.
I would highly recommend this hotel and enjoyed my stay. In the future i think I would look for a hotel closer to the centre of Amsterdam to save time and money on the Bus/Tram journey times. Overall the hotel is cheap friendly and excellent choice for a cheap trip to amsterdam.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
8  Thank Leeq61
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Once in May last year and April 2007. On the first trip, they gave me a twin room even though I called to confirm the details of the reservation for a double room the day before . The phone in the twin room didn't work but the bed was comfortable and the room clean. Second night they moved us to a double room where the hair dryer didn't work and the bath was dirty.
For the second stay this April, the room had the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on and the sheets were too small so that I kept waking up on a bare mattress. The shower also leaked all over the floor. For those who are there for the weed, there is now a big sign up saying that marijuana can't be smoked in the hotel.
Having said all that, for the price, it is not the worst hotel in the world. The tram is right across the road and it takes about 15 - 20 minutes to get to the centre of town. If you are on a budget, it is better than a lot of hostels.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pattycakesrgreat
Reviewed March 15, 2007

well before me and my partner went to the Dam his sister managed to get us a great deal for flights and the hotel, I read a great review and saw the pictures and thought it looked great, the hotel actually looked lovely in the foyer and up the stairs. We arrived at 9am so we couldn't book in until 2pm so we had a look round dam square etc. we found that it costs 16.50 euros for a 5 day tram/bus/metro ticket that can be used unlimited day and night on any of the above. when we arrived at the hotel i was a bit disappointed at the room but it was mainly just somewhere to kip for the night, we did have a leaking toilet and when we used the shower it flooded the bathroom but we soon sorted that out. the no food drink or smoking in the room bit did put us off but we smuggled them all in put a shower cap over the smoke detector and smoked in the bathroom, that included cannabis, we never got caught. i was very upset to realise the cleaners had been through our luggage while we were out and also opened two of our cans of beer, but then nothing else was missing and we couldn't really complain cause we was breaking the rules!! i wouldn't use this hotel again mainly for the reason it was so far out but at a push and nowhere else available i suppose it would do. i never thought it was a dangerous area but i did see police outside the hotel every day. it didn't put us off enjoying our stay in amsterdam!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marisa_free_spirit
Reviewed March 11, 2007

I booked this hotel without reading TripAdvisor's reviews, which I normally do all the time. Just after booking it, I realized my mistake and went online to check it out. Confronted with one absolutely terrible review after another, I was understandably anxious about my stay.

Luckily, I can say that the previous reviews are completely unfounded. It may be that the place has come under new management, but I didn't experience any of the problems other reviewers had.

First, the hotel staff was helpful. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast buffets downstairs in the mornings, and while it's nothing to write home about (coffee, toast, eggs, bacon, etc.), it's filling.

I rented a double room with a friend for somewhere in the range of $40 a night (per person, so around $80/night). The room was small, but neat. It featured free TV, with quite a few channels, including CNN, National Geographic and more. Shower supplies are provided (bath towel, shampoo, conditioner, etc.).

The hotel also offers free internet access via a computer set up in the upstairs lounge. It was a nice gesture, so you can check email, or figure out places to go.

The only downside was it was quite far outside of the city - a good 15-20 minute ride by tram. You can get there from the city center very easily, however, by taking the Number 21 tram. The stop for the Slotania is three stops after the Flughaven stop (you go under a bridge).

Also, warning to marijuana smokers: There is NO smoking allowed in the hotel or its rooms. If you are caught, they kick you out. Just a warning.

Overall, I didn't mind staying at the place at all. If I were to return to Amsterdam, I'd probably try to stay somewhere inside the city itself for convenience if it cost the same. The hotel was nice, but a bit too far for my tastes.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends