City Hotel Rembrandt Square
$276
$260
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrembrandt squareleave your room keylads holidayno liftstaff were always friendlybars and restaurantsperfect locationstag weekendminor issuethe hotel is cleanyour doorstepclean towelsbed roomthe hotel staffshared bathroomroom numbercentral station
Reviewed February 5, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location. Friendly staff. If you don't expect any luxury from the hotel, you will be so pleased with it. So close to everywhere. Its actually located in a very popular area. Mc Donald's, Smokey coffee shop, and a very popular night club ESCAPE is few minutes walking distance from the hotel.

1  Thank Kemalaldag
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My stay in this hotel was just perfect. The service is really excellent, the persons who work there are terribly friendly. The room was very clean, large & comfortable, same for the bathroom. The location is ideal: right in the centre of town, on the Rembrandtplein. Best stay I've had so far in Amsterdam. All in all, a great joy!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Koen B
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been twice in this hotel, this January 2013, and before a few years ago. It is a very good deal, since the rooms are really spacious, with nice views on the street smack in the center of amsterdam on rembrandtplein. The price is great considering the location and amenities. The only thing is that there is a bit of a difficult staircase so it's not so good for seniors. Except that, the staff is really helpful, giving good tips on where to eat, reception 24hrs, it's clean and a relaxed atmosphere. You can go anywhere intersting easily from the hotel even on foot, and also the main tram lines are in front of the hotel. Great place to stay in regards of quality for the price.

Room Tip: Better to ask one room with street view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judithbenyayer
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on our first visit to Amsterdam. The location is the best thing about this hotel, it is central to everything and there is a tram stop directly opposite the hotel which is really handy for travelling around the city. The square the hotel is situated on is really beautiful and there are lots of bars, restaurants and coffee shops right outside your front door.

On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who were very helpful throughout our stay. Originally I had booked to stay here for 3 nights, but shortly after I booked the hotel I was notified of a flight cancellation which meant we had to fly home the day after. I was worried about trying to contact the hotel to extend our stay but It couldn't have been simpler. I corresponded with a member of staff via email who was extremely helpful and sorted the whole thing out for me. I just had to pay for the extra night at check in. Getting to stay another day in Amsterdam was a blessing in disguise as it really is an amazing city.

The hotel itself is nice, good value for money and perfect to use as a base for exploring the city. There was a safety deposit box in the room which was a bonus and a TV which had English channels. A slight downside of the room was the fact there was no where to put your clothes, but it didn't bother us living out of our suitcase for a few days. Overall we had a brilliant stay in this Hotel, although we didn't spend much time in it as there is so much to see and do in Amsterdam. I definitely recommend a trip to the zoo..we really enjoyed it, and the tram outside the hotel drops you off practically outside it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple