“Good quality food, friendly local veggie-led cafe/restaurant”
Review of Frenzi Cucina

Frenzi Cucina
Ranked #1,109 of 4,402 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In the corner of Frederiksstraat
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the West Cord Fashion hotel, and this place on the Overtoom was the only local we liked - we went there 3 times. It is quite casual and people tend to drop in rather than book. Open morning to mid evening. The seating areas are small. However, the staff are very friendly, speak English well, and all the food is made on the premises. It reminded me of Bill's restaurants.
They had lots of deli, quiche, salad, pasta type food to choose from, all freshlly made. We had their 'surprise' three course menu for 25 euros one night and it was all delicious and very filling.
Great spot for vegetarians - about 50% of the options are veggie.
Good value for Amsterdam.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We just stopped in as it was near our apt. Very friendly service. Nice menu but limited choice. Lots of locals in place. We both had a pasta special and enjoyed it greatly. They have English menu and both staff speak excellent English.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place was near my hotel. The first time I ate there it was a random choice but I went back twice because it was so nice.

The food is very good: mainly pasta dishes, salads and tapas. Portions are generous. Service is friendly and helpful.

I saw lots of locals come in to buy food to take away and there seemed to be plenty of regular customers eating there too.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Enjoyed a dinner here one of the evenings of my stay in amsterdam. We tried the italian table for 25 €, and we got so much food we could not eat it all and it all tasted terrific, don't miss this place, take the 1 tram to the last stop on overtoom walk 2 minutes and your there

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for a coffee and little dessert one evening after dinner. The food was good (not mind-blowing, but definitely good), and the service was fantastic. Wish we had time to have lunch here, as their savoury foods looked amazing!