Hotel Plantage
$248
$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $286/night.

Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$124
$88
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstram stopartis zoobasic roomcity centrevending machinebudget hotelstairs are steepfirst floorlocation is greatred light districtcentral stationsupermarketdryercafes
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I wanted a hotel where just take a shower and sleep in. So me and my friends went for one of the cheapest hotel in Amsterdam, and have to say we were really impressed. The room was fine, shower and toilet clean, clean towels every day, customer service great, close to tram stop, 15 mins walk to the central station, the neighborhood is great including restaurants, supermarkets and also a lovely park.

I definitely would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

The only drawback was the Wifi. It is horrible

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adam F
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I don't like to stay in budget hotels. This was the only hotel I could find at short notice that permitted smoking in some rooms - that it was very affordable was a bonus.

My room was 23, quite big with an anteroom as well. The wall to the next room was quite thin, so I could hear their television, and later, their singing. This had all gone quiet by midnight, which I consider completely reasonable. It only occurred on one night, I might add.

The room was fine, with a huge bathroom/wetroom, the view was on to the tram stop (those trams are noisy devils) and a lively street. However, if you are ignorant of Amsterdam's architecture, be ready for some steep stairs which might test you if you are unfit.

The personnel at the desk couldn't be more helpful or friendly.

Would I return? Yes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were on a budget, so after reading the reviews we weren't really sure about what to wait for arriving at Hotel Plantage. But it was surprisingly nice! We had a very big room (number 21) which was very quiet. Everything was clean and we had a nice stay.
The hotel is at about 10-15 minutes walk from the center, but there is a tram station just in front of it.

Room Tip: Ask a room that's not in front of the street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Good location about 15 min walk to dam square but there is a tram stop round the corner too. When first stepping in we did think what have we let ourselves in for but after getting into our room it wasn't too bad at all. Clean beds and clean room which is all we wanted for a 30th bday bash trip to the city. Everything was working. Recommend to anyone just looking for somewhere cheap but clean to stay whilst visiting the city. For a few hours sleep it's toally enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adrialos
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Choose only if you really want to save money on your trip and don't have high expectations
Following is a summary of what you get
The glaring negatives
- The hotel smells of cigarette smoke and on some nights of ppl smoking marijuana (even though it is no smoking hotel but there is no check)The smell also fills in the rooms and galleries and can be very unpleasant for Non smokers
- there is no elevator and too many flights of stairs through which you will have to drag your luggage
- rooms are dirty and smelly
- the bathrooms stink
- bathrooms are too small that you cannot stand straight in it if you have a room in top floor due to the structural angle beams etc. I hit my head twice while brushing and I am not tall

Positives
+ the price is amongst the lowest in Amsterdam near the centrum but you get what you pay
+ free coffee dispenser in the reception area
+ kind old gentlemen at the reception who give good tips and guidance on what to see around
+ location is decent and close to Amsterdam centrum and has good restaurants close by. Also tram 9 passes nearby

Overall the hotel spoiled our Amsterdam experience as everyday we dreaded to go back to the hotel after a nice day out
We stayed 3 days and could not cancel due to zero refund