't Hotel
$414
$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
ibis
  • Restaurant
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$329
$299
Agoda.com
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$228
Orbitz.com
$372
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$227
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscanal houseanne frank houseyogurtsteep stairsdam squaregreat place for coffeecanal viewgreat locationgreat comforttop floorboutique style hotelsmall hotelcarried our bagsno elevatorfirst floorlovely canala great nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I booked this hotel at the last minute when a friend was in Holland for a business trip. I was looking for a nice place to stay, reasonable rates, and in the Jordaan area because of the food choices and neighbourhood feel. The hotel lived up to all the reviews on this site. Because it was a last minute booking, I didn't have a choice of rooms, and next time I would try to get the canal view. We were on the inside but it was still a nice courtyard. The room was tastefully done, no horrible flower bedspreads and curtains, a nice contemporary feel to it. The only thing I didn't like was there was no shower curtain so the water went all over the floor. We were only there for 2 nights and the bed was extremely comfortable. I did notice that in the afternoon and early evening there were several planes that fly overhead, but this stopped by the time we went to bed and I didn't notice anything in the morning either. There is a wide variety of food available for breakfast and they have decent times for you to go and have it! None of this *you have to eat by 0930! You can go for your breakfast up to 1030 in the morning (weekend, not sure about weekdays). The staff were friendly and helpful and when we had a major problem with a cab driver, I was confident that if there were any additional problems they would take care of my friend (I had to leave a day before her).

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
't Hotel, General Manager at 't Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your nice review after your stay in our hotel.

As we do have brand new bathrooms, the new curtains were not yet arrived:) But they are installed in the rooms now, so no wet floors!
Normally there are not many airplanes above the city, but only when there is a strong wind/storm, there is one particular lane on the airport Schiphol that is in use.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards
't Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2011

stayed for several days in January; everything was sufficient for our needs and wants. facility is decent but nothing particularly special or unique. great neighborhood and location in Amsterdam, in general. decent rooms; nice bathrooms (gotta love the towel warmers in winter); very good staff although I was less than impressed with our room service (maid service) on several days; breakfast good and plentiful. the hotel was perfect for our intended purpose: to galavant about Amsterdam.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fluidtherapy
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Service friendly staff. Several centuries old canal house with steep stairs, but handicap lift if you don't dare walk the stairs. Good standard of bathroom, room included safe and mini fridge. Amsterdam in my view is more expensive than London, considering this - the price of the hotel was reasonable for what you get. The city is not very car friendly, only free/cheap parking is outside the city. Getting a local bike is useful. Hotel is ca 1km away from the centre, like Dam square and railway station.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janoleolsen
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We couldn't have been happier with the hotel. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The staff was helpful with everything from luggage to directions. We appreciated the easy walking distance to many attractions in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This is a very pleasant, clean, quiet, comfortable and well-kept place in a location that is just about perfect. You can walk to almost anywhere you'd want to go in the city - from the nine streets to the museum area and beyond. The Anne Frank house is just around the corner. The staff are friendly and accommodating, and will help get luggage up and down the admittedly very steep stairs. The room we had (Prinsengracht) was quite spacious and overlooked the canal, which was a treat, and the bathroom is to a high standard. The breakfast is typical continental, and more than adequate. I would look forward to staying here again should I ever make it back to the lovely city of Amsterdam.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends