“Delicious and fresh” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tomatillo Tex-Mex To Go
Ranked #1,424 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Delicious and fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I loved the burrito here so much I came back and had the exact same thing a few days later during my recent trip to Amsterdam. As the name suggests, "Tomatillo - Tex Mex to go", the place is very small, only 3 small tables, but with Vondelpark just around the corner it really isn't necessary to sit in.

I had the chicken burrito with habernero salsa, which was excellent, The chargrilled chicken was succulent and flavourful and the spicy salsa was perfect for me.

I can't really fault this place - if I had to, I would say it can get busy during dinner rush, and those who are loyal to certain drinks brands may be disappointed with only the organic brands they have there.

• Visited June 2012

Tournai, Belgium
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This place is by far THE BEST mexican that I've ever had in europe. Had tacos while my wife had a burrito, everything was so very delicious. The dishes are freshly cooked upon ordering. The steak is perfectly grilled while still a bit red at the center, the salsa and guacomole are freshly homemade and so are the black beans. While we were eating our dishes the waiter brought out the fajita burrito and the huevos rancheros for the table beside us. Once we saw these dishes my wife and I just knew we would be back to taste the other choices on the menu. The staff is very friendly and helpful with any questions one might have concerning the menu.

The only downside to the resto is that it is quite small so you might have trouble getting a table. But you can take your order to go and eat at Vondelpark which is a gorgoeus public park about 2 minutes away. The resto is also located in the south of Amsterdam which is quite a walking distance from the station and red light district ( approx 40 mins walking). Though it is far from the red light district, it was a relief to be away from the chaos of downtown Amsterdam.

• Visited April 2012