“Authentic cuisine, great food and atmosphere. Accommodating to my request” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Indian

Taj Indian
Ranked #54 of 3,335 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Vegetarian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Description: We are traditional North-Indian restaurant specialist in Tandoori oven, Curry, Vegatarian, Birriani's and traditional North-Indian breads. We also have special desserts and drinks.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic cuisine, great food and atmosphere. Accommodating to my request”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Since this was my second visit to the Taj Majal I asked the server to send my dishes the way HE likes them. He was a little bit worried that it might be a little bit to hot for me but I´m from Mexico and the owner already knew that, and made a comment to that respect, he fulfilled my wish. We ordered Samosas, red lentil soup, butterfly shrimp and finally I ordered one Curry Shrimp with a spicy, red and thick sauce and everything was excellent. We also ordered the Black Cobra Beer that went great with the food and finally a delicious mango lassy for dessert . If you are curious and can stand the heat ask for the JOSE FROM MEXICO treatment.

• Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good food but service needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Food was good but quantity is pathetic. There was no difference in quantity between side dish and main dish. Food was tasty though. Location is great and ambiance is also nice. This restaurant is an authentic Indian restaurant. Service needs a little improvement as they take too much time for service. I found one of the waiters too rude and unprofessional as he was staring at us in a weird manner which was so unprofessional. Also, he patted on one of my friends back for informing us that he is going to get our dish soon. This is such a pathetic way of serving customers. I will not go back to this one again as there are other good value for money Indian restaurants available in Amsterdam. These guys need to get professional.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank KP85
Paris, France
“Excellent Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a Friday night. It was really crowded so I would definitely recommend making a reservation.

Their menu has a wide array of choices to choose from. The food was excellent, you can see that they cook with fresh ingredients exclusively. I had the lamb karahi and my wife the prawn curry and both were excellent. I would also recommend their lassis and nans.

Service was very attentive and efficient.

Visited November 2013
Charlotte
“Delicious Indian Food, great service & location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

All 11 of us really enjoyed this restaurant. The owners and staff were very accommodating, and the food was delicious. We ordered an array of appetizers and main courses and they all were perfect and flavorful. It also also nice that they served us glasses of regular water with our wine and beer as most restaurants in Amsterdam they refuse to do so.

Chennai (Madras), India
“Tasty food and lively location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The restaurant is located in a good location. The food served are tasty and able to differentiate the flavours across dishes :) which we cannot in some of the restaurants ! We were 9 of us, booked a table on the Diwali evening and had a good time. The soups were good; veg. starters were oily - samosas and Onion bhajee - can be avoided. The main course was definitely better compared to starters. The rotis, kulchas were good so as the sides. However, service could have been faster; though it was a busy day !

• 3 of 5 stars