“Our favourite Indian restaurant in Amsterdam”
Review of Taj Indian

Taj Indian
Reserve with
Taj Indian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Description: We are traditional North-Indian restaurant specialist in Tandoori oven, Curry, Vegatarian, Birriani's and traditional North-Indian breads. We also have special desserts and drinks.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent food, fantastic service, great location. What can I say? Taj Mahal is our absolute favorite Indian restaurant in Amsterdam. We will be back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We live in the San Francisco area, one of the food capitals of the world so we are use to great restaurants. We have eaten Indian food all over the world including India. However, we were blown away by the Taj in Amsterdam, right behind the Heineken Experience. At first we walked by thinking Indian restaurants were mostly the same. Then we saw it was packed and then noticed a wonderful aroma. Even though they had a full house, there were able to accommodate us at a later hour and we were happy they did. First, the food was absolutely delicious. We had tandoori dishes among others and it was one of he best, if not he best, Indian food we had. And the owner and staff could not have been more hospitable and gracious. We went back two nights later, and tried the butter chicken and masala and it was every bit as good. The butter chicken is one of the house specials. We also tried a delicious home made Indian ice cream. As an added benefit, my wife used the rest room and said it was the cleanest one she had found in Amsterdam. For us, this a must visit place whenever in Amsterdam.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Best food i had in a long time, a lotof good food for a good price. and for desert i recommend the mango lassi, a perfect ending after a nice hot meal

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food here is amazing. We had the butter chicken, chicken tikka masala, vindaloo, dahl and butter naan. Everything was delicious. The butter chicken and tikka masala weren't spicy but they tasted so good. If you ask nicely for your food to be made spicier then they may so it. Afterwards we had the mango lassi. It was so creamy and full of flavour. Good price considering the quality of the food. It cost 100 euro for four people and we ordered a lot of food. The service was excellent and the owner was a really lovely man. I will definitely be back the next time I am in the city.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked the Taj Mahal as part of an overnight surprise trip to Amsterdam for my 30th.

The restaurant is in a great location as the tram stop is directly outside, in the Heineken Brewery area.

We were greeted by the owner on arrival who made us feel very welcome throughout (he wished me happy birthday which was nice). All staff were very attentive (but not overkill, as some restaurants can be).

We had a mixed starter to begin with, which included one of the best onion bhajis I'd ever tasted, then I had a karahi chicken while my boyfriend had chicken tikka masala. Both dishes were very tasty and good sized portions.

As it was my birthday, the owner brought out a cake for me as dessert, which was a lovely surprise!

Overall we were both really pleased with the Taj Mahal and would recommend to those who want an authentic taste of India whilst in Amsterdam.

Thank you to the owner and staff for making our trip a memorable one.