“Fantastic!”
Review of Taj Indian

Taj Indian
Reserve with
Taj Indian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Description: We are traditional North-Indian restaurant specialist in Tandoori oven, Curry, Vegatarian, Birriani's and traditional North-Indian breads. We also have special desserts and drinks.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Taj Mahal serves superb Indian food in a romantic setting. The service is well paced and responsive. I ordered lamb chops Masala which were in a wonderfully flavored sauce, subtle and complex. The tandoori chicken was juicy, tender and crisp. It was accompanied by a wonderful vegetable sauce. The naan bread, the aubergine side dish... This was an exquisite dinner on which to end my stay in Amsterdam. I wish we had such a restaurant in New York. I would be a regular.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm of Indian origin and this food was great. Not too oily and spiced just right. The people who work there are lovely.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I ate here on a Saturday evening when visiting from the UK. Top-notch curry, plenty of flavour (not just heat!) and a warm welcome too. There was a 20-minute wait (we hadn't booked) so the manager suggested we get a drink next door and he came and got us when our table was ready.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and it was worth the walk from our guesthouse. We loved everything we ordered and enjoyed a bottle of prosecco along with the meal. Towards the end of our meal the Manager asked if we would mind moving tables to accommodate a larger booking, he was very polite when asking us so we happily obliged. We were given complimentary wine as a thank you which was a lovely touch.

We prebooked the table and saw a few people being turned away so definitely book in advance.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

you made me slave Taj. Every time when i am in Amsterdam i can't stop myself to be in the restaurant. I feel good , very easy when i visit this restaurant. Food quality & quantity no compromise . i wish such type of restaurant also in Belgium. Sizzeling chicken tikka sizzeled me , the way of presentation , the taste & above all resonable prices. I suggest every food lover to visit TAJ at least once, you will not be disappointed...Taj i will be soon back....