“Good place to stay”

Ranked #277 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

It is a very simple hotel not far from centre( about 15-20 minutes). The rooms are pretty comfortable, but too small. My room was about 10 sq.meters. The walls were too thin, so, we've heard our naigbours and they have heard us)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mprakhov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The pros of this hotel are the staff and the location. Very happy with those to aspects. I had booked a single room and prepared myself to hike up the 5 floors with my luggage. Luckily, I was upgraded to a room on the third floor with a double bed. (Although I still managed to pull a muscle coming down the stairs with my luggage.) So I'm very grateful for the upgrade. The room had a nice view of the canal and a nice little closet to hang things.

But the cons are all as noted in other reviews. The tiny bathroom was truly tiny, but manageable since I knew what I was getting into. The mold in the shower due to poor ventilation was unpleasant. Also, I heard everything my neighbors were doing through the walls. They were talking at fairly normal levels, but they talked late into the night and I had to leave the TV on all night to drown out their conversation and sleep a little. The bed was definitely the most uncomfortable part. It was basically just a box spring with no padding. I asked for an extra comforter and slept on top of it just to have something a little soft underneath me. But even that was very thin and offered little cushion. I am not very picky when it comes to hotels as long as I can get some sleep and the room is clean. But the comfort of this bed was hands-down the most uncomfortable hotel stay in my recent memory. It has potential if they could just put a little more effort into the bedding and make it a point to air out the bathrooms more efficiently.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank didoshi

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Hong Kong
Reviewed April 12, 2014

5 minutes away from Metro/tram. 15 minutes away from Supermarket Albert Hejin. Quiet at night and good quality bed allowed some good sleep. Hotel staff was very friendly. Free wifi, free hot drinks and electric adaptor provided are all wonderful. Very very clean room as well.

No elevators and we were staying on the fifth floor - it was quite a climb. Toilet was so small i actually had quite a lot of fun trying not to hurt myself every time i got in there. But the toilet was still very clean.

Room Tip: Recommended to everyone, except those travelling with bulky luggages or walking disability
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The double bed is actually just a wide twin bed. Two small people could manage alright in it. Very, very poor quality mattress. Larger, taller people would be uncomfortable as space is very tight. Even small people have to sit sideways on the loo as there is maybe three or four inches between it and the wall. Lamp didn't work, window must be propped to stay open, only one electrical outlet that is no where near the bed or table. Extremely narrow winding steps, no elevator. Pleasant staff-very helpful. However, we brought our hair flat iron down to the desk to ask if we could use it there, as far as the electric conversion and all, and were told yes we could. Well, it blew out, so we are now out a $120.00 hair tool. No attempt made to help replace, or discount the room. The breakfast is wanting, and their complimentary juice is just colored sugar water. The only plus to this place is a nice staff and decent location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Phenix73
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned home from a two night stay at this hotel.
The receptionist was very helpfull and friendly and luckily had an adaptor to borrow as we both forgot ours.
I initially booked a small double room but after reading some reviews about all the stairs and size of the room I decided to up grade. Best decision ever, there was only two of us but we ended up in a large family/group room on the first floor. Very spacious, clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable.
The free hot drinks went down a treat and i loved the cat that came for a stroke, just like being at home.
I will definitely look to stay at this hotel again on our next visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gillworsley
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great value for what we paid, we stayed for a weekend and it was perfect for what we needed. This hotel is not in the centre but only a short subway ride away which is very easy to use and runs every few minutes. The rooms are nicely decorated, the are not huge but nice and cosy with all the usual facilities besides coffee & tea but there is a machine downstairs that you can help yourself to for free. The only slight negatives are the steep narrow stairs and we had a separate bathroom that was tiny but clean and functional.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends