“Bad location.”

MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West
Ranked #107 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The place itself is fine but way too far from the heart of Amsterdam. We changed places after two nights to a place in the Jordaan area and it was WAY better being able to walk out of our place and be right in walking distance of everything. On the plus side they had two acoustic guitars in the lobby so we put on a late night musical performance.

Anthonys G, Guest Relations Manager at MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Hello,
Thank you for the review. We are sorry that your stay with us weren't as nice as you wished. Please feel free to contact us to let us know the details we could improve to make it better the next time!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

As I got an unbelievable rate of 28euro per night for a single room, I couldn't help but feel a bit apprehensive about my stay at this hotel. But i had a very positive experience: my room was brand new, spotlessly clean and neat. Bathroom was very nicely designed and also freshly done - could have been a bathroom of a 4 star hotel. There was free wifi available and the breakfast included all whats needed (eggs, cereal, fruit, toast, croissant, juices, coffee and tea).
Location is convenient for those ready to use the train - as the major train station is literally net door. I travelled by taxi and everywhere was not far.
The design of the room is bare minimalism, so it feels a bit like a university campus residence, but it is functional and convenient. I wouldn't stay here on a family trip or a romantic weekend, but a solo/ business traveller or a young person would be very satisfied here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank moscowgogirl

Hello,
Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you very soon in one of our european hotels!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the europa league final and it served its purpose. Our double room, although small, was very clean and looked as if it had been renovated recently. It was a very basic room but had everything I was looking for considering we spent very little time there. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the sloterdijk station is literally a 2 min walk, and for around 3€ it will take you to amsterdam centraal station in 5 minutes, or for 7€ it will take you to schiphol airport in about 10 min. This made things very easy for us, and saved us some money for not having stayed in the city itself. At first I was a little skeptical about not staying directly in the city, but after this stay I would definetly stay again if I ever return to amsterdam.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Donni305

Reviewed May 25, 2013

It's very nice hotel, with a lot of young people. Its 5 minutes to go the station and 7-10 minutes (1 stop) to the Central Amsterdam station. Rooms are good, hotel is new, what else you can want? :) Best greetings to Nadia from reception ant the bar :) Very nice, friendly, cute girl :) Was nice to meet you, Nadya :) Tomas and Renata.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tomazas

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hi have been in this hotel for two nights for business purpose. This is at the opposite of all the traditional business hotel I visited. it is very informal, full of young people and in some way with a fun atmosphere. Ok, if you like a traditional formal hotel, this is not for you.
First of all the hotel is very clean, and that is important. the room are quite small but ok considering to be in Amsterdam... With the train you are in downtown in 5 minutes and 10 minutes to the airport. The bar is always open and that is good too. Breakfast is ok, not excellent but you have all you need. The people at the desk or at the bar are very nice and tae care of your need. so, a good choice if you are in Amsterdam

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here with 3 friends. we booked a "4 bed mixed dorm". To me that means 4 beds in a dorm, therefore it would be exclusive to the group of us. we arrived and there were 5 beds, but two pushed together like a double. Then anorher guest let herself into the room. I went to ask the receptionist, Nikola, and she abruptly told me we were "lucky to be in the same room" and would she like me to put us all in seperare rooms? The other receptionist, Katya, added snootily that the other guests who had been split up werent complaining, why were we?
I dont believe I got the room I paid for, and I certainly dont expect the staff to be so rude when I try to explain to them my problem. I also would expect a reply when I contacted customer services which I didnt get.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank pku285

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I didn't stay long here, but while I did I couldn't complain. It offered an affordable room with good transport links and the breakfast was pleasant also. The fella at the reception was a bit of a joker, but given my state of mind upon arrival I was an easy target!

The room was clean and tidy and apart from a little noise from the congregation of youths having a cheeky spliff by the entrance, I couldn't find any fault. I slept pretty well and moved on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Hello,
Thank you for the review. We hope to see you very soon in one of our european hotels!