Royal Coster Diamonds

from $13.03
from $14.81
from $473.80
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019

We had the museum pass so got in for free here, but had we not I would have been majorly annoyed. The self guided tour starts out with an interesting video about how diamonds are mined and processed then cut. It goes downhill fast. It basically spills into a couple rooms of someone's personal collection of diamond related materials. Plastic diamonds are aplenty although half of the (very few) displays have some object visibly missing. A wall of photographs show various royalty wearing tiaras and crowns. No names of the crowns, no names of the persons wearing them, no history, no carat weights, nada. Just some person's personal collection of photographs of people wearing diamonds. Disappointing. Next you go upstairs to a room where someone has collected lots of plastic and brass headwear. No history on any of the objects just simple plaques telling you "This is a tiara". Nothing here is diamonds either. In fact, the only diamonds in the place are in the gift shop downstairs, but before you get there you have to go through a room of mirrors and crystal skull where they have a James Bond movie playing on rotation. It's freaking weird. This museum has become a talking point in our family for all the wrong reasons.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank familytraveler1973
Reviewed June 1, 2019

As with all a'dam museums there is an entry charge, but we felt this was justified. Started with a video explaining how and where diamonds are formed, then numerous displays of crowns, swords etc. Replica stones were used, but were indicated. There was a display of various non-diamond stones plus a real one at a "can you tell" station (I got it wrong). As usual you end at a shop, but no pressure, and you can extend to visit the factory a few doors down.

2  Thank Roger G
Reviewed May 23, 2019

My husband and I first visited Royal Coster Diamonds in 1993 and after the tour decided to buy an eternity ring there as we could pick the ring setting/colour of gold/size of diamonds etc. I still have and wear the ring every day and it looks as good today as it did when we bought it. Some years ago I lost a sapphire stone from an engagement ring bought in a UK jewellers. Although I knew that Coster didn't provide gemstones I contacted them and ask if they could obtain a sapphire for me and I could purchase it from them as I trusted Coster to provide a genuine stone. I was in contact with Danielle at Coster and can honestly say that I have never met anyone more helpful, efficient and kind in any Customer Services department. Danielle went above and beyond and I hope that her managers/employers realise what an asset they have in Danielle. I can't thank or praise her enough. To anyone wishing to buy from Royal Coster Diamonds don't hesitate you won't be sorry and will get great service, beautiful diamonds and a very well made ring. I have never regretted visiting or buying my ring there and if I was buying a diamond ring I would only buy from Royal Coster Diamonds.

I was doubtful at the time that I would get good value. My doubts were unfounded and my ring has gained in value.

I'm submitting this review now as reviews weren't available in 1993! But also because I wanted to share just how good the customer service is from Royal Coster and I sincerely hope that this review is helpful to anyone considering buying from Royal Coster.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

I joined a guided tour which lasted around 1 hour, during which the guide explained the 4C's, technological challenges of diamond cutting, pricing of diamonds, history of Royal Coster Diamonds etc. She was willing to answer questions and let us see diamonds they had. I never felt pressured to buy anything.

After the first building, the second and third are all filled with gift shops, some selling souvenirs, others watches or pens. Wasn't anything too special, so you can walk past and head for the exit.

Free toilets inside.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

We used our "free ticket" (which turned out to be meaningless - they didn't even check it) to enter the Coster Diamond complex. The first room was actually pretty interesting, as there was a cutting and polishing demonstrations going on, and there were information panels around the room telling you all about the diamond industry. However, we were quickly whisked away by a polite man who quickly led us into a private showroom. While he showed us a range of diamonds, some of which were extremely impressive and valuable, it became apparent that this was more of an attempted sales pitch than anything else. In his defense, he never really pushed anything on us, but we quickly began to try to make our exit. After about 5-10 minutes in the showroom, we exited the complex through a gift shop....and then another gift shop....and then yet another gift shop.

Date of experience: April 2019