Royal Coster Diamonds

from $12.98
from $14.75
from $472.02
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Went to the diamond centre. On entering a lady behind a desk told us it was 10 euros to visit. I knew this was not the case. Next door was the coster diamond centre. A lovely lady greeted us and we saw diamonds being cut and polished. Saw cabinets of rare diamonds and the history of diamonds and the trade in amersterdam. The gift shop is MASSIVE but on leaving we walked past the woman who told us it was 10 euros !!!. Seems you go to the left hand side building and you have to pay but go to the right hand side and you don't! ! !! Beware tourist trap. Other than than great free attraction.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

We made the mistake of trying this place as an alternative to Gassan (read my review of that house to understand).

The entrance hall is crammed with different tourist groups all trying to see the same things and listen to their guides speaking different languages. Once you have seen the replica royal crown and seen the world record smallest cut diamond, a very brief explanation of diamond cutting and polishing is done before you're whisked off to the showroom next door.

That is where it hit rock bottom. The staff are all about making a sale.They are pushy, don't listen if you're looking for something in particular and it is so pokey you end up claustrophobic. Maybe that is a sales tactic - I'd put nothing past them.

This is a singularly underwhelming experience and a waste of an hour.

They are clearly keener to have private clients. In fact one of the staff positively elbowed me out of the way to get his private couple down the corridor to a private salesroom (there are adverts for them quite prominently inside the house).

I have given them one star for the world record smallest diamond, but would have happily deducted it if I could due to the rude staff and the whole superior attitude which permeates this place.

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank The_Dunelmian
Reviewed August 4, 2018

My wife wanted to look at perhaps upgrading her diamond ring so we checked out the tour. There was a brief tour showing some oddities and rarities and then were whisked upstairs. Then came some price specials and a hard sell approach. I took the time to use the free restroom haha. It was all a waste of time. Stay away.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Diamonds and Amsterdam are joined in history. Although museums today (though you can also visit the Coster workshop) its worth a trip to get a feel for the history of the diamond trade

Quite cheap and not a long tour round. Well worth a visit

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I was on a tour guide visiting Coster Diamonds. I took the tour which included trying on some rings and the guide teaching us about the rings and how we price them. The tour guide was not very fluent in English but could understand a bit. I didn’t enjoy the experience that much. You get to also buy some jewelries, watches and also some statues made of diamonds.
Overall, not really exciting nor fun.

Date of experience: July 2018