Royal Coster Diamonds

from $12.98
from $14.75
from $472.02
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Diamonds and Amsterdam are joined in history. Although museums today (though you can also visit the Coster workshop) its worth a trip to get a feel for the history of the diamond trade

Quite cheap and not a long tour round. Well worth a visit

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I was on a tour guide visiting Coster Diamonds. I took the tour which included trying on some rings and the guide teaching us about the rings and how we price them. The tour guide was not very fluent in English but could understand a bit. I didn’t enjoy the experience that much. You get to also buy some jewelries, watches and also some statues made of diamonds.
Overall, not really exciting nor fun.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018

This free tour is definitely worth it. It is fun to see the cutting and polishing room. But, the tour guides were clueless! Having bought a few diamonds in my life I knew more than they did. Their 15 min talk was full of factual mistakes and left out many interesting facts about the history of diamonds in Amsterdam.

The last 15 mins. is devoted to ushering you through one gift shop after another. There was no hard sell and no one was blocking you from leaving. So, go and see the diamonds being polished, then check out the finished product. Then go outside and get an ice cream.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank Snorkelbear
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Our children loved everything here and were very well looked after. We like diamonds. The shopping experience is everywhere and there is no quick way out.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

My wife and I stopped in here ostensibly to look at their watch selection. The entrance was not the easiest to find. Once inside I advised that we were not interested in diamonds and wish dot look at their watches. We were advised that an associate would be there soon to escort us to that area of the building. We waited about 10min and were escorted to the watch area. The entire experience was underwhelming with an overriding sales presence. Not sure exactly what it seeks to be? A tour oriented, information providing centre? A sales centre? It really didn't work in our opinion. Certainly not worth a special trip there.

Date of experience: May 2018