“Rudest hotel owner ever met”
Review of Kooyk Hotel

Kooyk Hotel
Ranked #217 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
A TripAdvisor Member
“Rudest hotel owner ever met”
Reviewed October 24, 2004

I had the worst experience of my life at this hotel. Me and my mom were going to stay at this hotel in August 2003. Even though I had a confirmation of booking by email (which I still keep to show anyone interested), on our arrival to the hotel, the lady at the desk told us that there was no booking, which latter was understood that they did not know how to use their computers so they did not put the booking into their notebooks and basically forgot about it. This was the busiest time of Amsterdam, where there was even nowhere to walk. I mentioned to the hotel owner's wife that they have to give me a room since I have the booking confirmation and there is no possibility that I can find another hotel at that point. Even though, it was their own fault, this unpleasent hotel owner had the courage to throw out my and my mom's luggage! I have travelled a lot and have not seen any person in my life who is so shrew. It is a place that definetly should be avoided.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first