“Good Hotel”

Campanile Amsterdam
Ranked #201 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Great location. Only 50 metre away from a metro station for a 20 minutes train to city centre. Friendly and great staff. Room is quite good and worth the price as you will be in hotel only for bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I recently spent two nights at this hotel while on a tour of Europe.The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious with a nice spread of food available to choose from.

While this hotel is not in the city center, it is located right next to the metro making it very easy to get in and out of the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The hotel is situated at the end of Metro line 53 in the outskirts of Amsterdam. From the Central station it takes about half an hour by metro to reach. The room is quite small with cheap furniture. The room is clean though and the service is friendly enough. The breakfast is quite good. If you book early enough you should be able to get a room for under 70 euros.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Filthy room, worse bathroom, broken shutters and last but not least it al seams like a horror scène from a bad B movie. I must say the employees are very nice and acknowledged our criticism. breakfast was good!

Room Tip: Stay at home ;-)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel is bit dated, especially the bathroom. The location is great, the hotel is just a minute walk from 53 metro which stops in the heart of Amsterdam. The only thing that bothered me were the cleaning ladies who did not pay attention to the "do not disturb" sign and were walking in despite of it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed one night there, so I checked in and althought the room was chilling!! everything else seemed good, A standard room, but in the morning when I got up, first of all, I couldn't pull up the shutters, it was broken, then I wanted to have a cup of tea, but the boiler was broken!! then I said OK, never mind, at least I have the wifi, I wanted to check my email, but the signal was so weak that I couldn't even check my email!!! I paid 80 euros for nothing!! I was leaving in the morning so I didn't bother calling, I let them know when checking out, they told me I should have called them to fix the problem?! to do what? they had to first bring me a new boiler, then fix the shutters which was broken (the handle was broken), what about wifi?!, that's my worst experience ever!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mdr136
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed overnight back from a trip to Friesland. We wanted to make a short visit to Amsterdam city-center and found that THIS hotel was only150 meter from the Gaasperplas Metro station. The metro takes you from here in 20-30 minutes to the center of Amsterdam.
Also the free parking is secure.
Otherwise the hotel/motel is without pretention.
Rooms are very small and only essential furniture is provided ; matress was a bit hard but everything was clean. However isolation against noisy neighbours is bad!
We had diner in town on the day of our arrival and can only comment on the breafast which was OK for the price you are paying ; the buffet is rather small.
To conclude : nice value for money in this budget-hotel where the staff is multi-lingual , friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple