See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Had to cancel my room four days before staying in it due to a family emergency, asked for a reduced cancellation fee and they demanded i go through my travel insurance as it 'should be covered'
Thanks for wasting my time and money

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Easy distance to rail station and right around the corner from the Bulldog.
Room is very small maybe 6 inches on either side of the bed...do not drink the water ...smelled suspect...was very hot ....windows opened fully which meant you get the full noise off the street...price is cheap and even then you get less than what you paid for

Room Tip: Pay more for a different place
Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Apart from a very good location, there is not much going for this hotel, rather hostel. It is overpriced for the services or the lack of them.

Spend time, as I wish I had, reading the reviews of the other recent guests. They are not exaggerating.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Spent three days in this ho(s)tel. I needed a clean comfortable bed. Sure, it's been a long while since I slept in a single bed, but I survived! Clean and simple. Friendly staff. What more.do you need? Extra points because when I returned to collect my bags, the ohone charger I'd left behind in my room was waiting at the front desk for me!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

the good- This hotel is in a great location just near central station and you can walk everywhere in the centre of town, there are coffee shops just outside.
the bad- the room is tiny, a double room is 2 singles pushed together, shared toilet and shower, no wardrobe, no kettle or tea/ coffee, hands down the noisiest building I've ever stayed in, the windows are single pane so you hear everything from a busy street outside all night and you also hear every conversation inside the hotel and every time a door opens/ shuts, zero chance of a good night's sleep here.
All these negative points wouldn't matter if the hotel was priced appropriately, we paid £340 for 2 nights over the weekend, it's worth maybe £50 per night. should be considered a hostel.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple