“Top stay!!!”

Quentin Arrive Hotel
Ranked #312 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hotel was excellent, perfect location up by central station and right next to popeyes coffee shop, couldn't be better. Staff were superb, really friendly and helpful. Room was good and the shower was top draw, brand new clean and powerful. This was my 4th time in Amsterdam and 1st time in this hotel but when I return to Amsterdam next year I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Quentin Arrive Hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Quentin Arrive Hotel for 4 nights in early June 2013. When we arrived at the hotel I believe it was an Australian manager who simply looked at us & said, "Yes" like we were an inconvenience to her. Was a bit surprised & having stayed a various hotels in Europe over a two month period haven't received a cold reception like that. Not a huge deal I suppose but first impressions. The hotel room was small, standard, and authentic which was ok. The hotel is situated in a great central location. The main issue was our room was beside a dorm where there were 7 or 8 guys staying & the noise was ridiculous. Something I think management should have monitored. I know Amsterdam is a party city but surely when you return to the hotel you can expect some peace and quiet. Leave the party in the clubs.

Room Tip: Ensure you request a room where there are no groups next door.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tim h
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a room for three for a few days. The room was alright, the shower and bathroom were shared and sometimes we had to wait, but that's fine.

We had a room on the second highest floor, so the view from the balcony was great, especially in the month we went. However, the stairs were very narrow and it was tough bringing our luggage up. I'd suggest getting a floor on the lower levels.

Had a rather bad experience with the receptionist, she was really rude. Can't recall her name. We came in early, and had to bring our luggage down a flight of stairs and then carry it up again when it came time to check in - it was just 30 mins from check-in time (I understand the entire cleaning process, but my friend was feeling ill and really needed to lie down, but the receptionist was not understanding at all).

We did try to ask her several questions on service and so on, but she was not forthcoming and brushed us off like we were a hassle. Even after we checked in, she questioned us on which room we were staying in and whether we were actually staying there on the second day itself. She ruined our whole experience there, and it was our first time in Europe. The other receptionists were nice enough, though.

I have to admit, however, that the location was spot on, very central. Lots of eateries around the area, and very close to the train station.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Calyn Y
Mihaela B, Front Office Manager at Quentin Arrive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for giving us this review about your impressions. We apologies with the inadequate behavior of our colleague. This incident will be further discussed into a new customer service training with our colleagues.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The room was small and we had to share a bathroom. But there was never any issue with the bathroom or shower.

We only stayed one night, and it was a nice place to stay. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet and you really can't beat the location!

We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Steep stairs, no lift.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We recently visited The Quentin Arrive, We have stayed in this hotel many times, very central location in Haarlem Straat area, everything is nearby from Popeyes Coffee shop, to No 42 Great snack bar selling the best Chicken in pita bread hot sauce ...lol ouch hehe also if you are a smoker..you are Allowed to smoke out of the bedroom windows, which is great, it does save you having to go up & down the very steep stairs, this time we had a 3rd floor room, not recommended unless you are young & very fit, difficulty in getting my case up the stairs, so I suggest trying to book a room on floor 1. Staff as always are helpful & friendly. Rooms are clean but basic. Much recommended to stay there.

Room Tip: Try booking a room on 1st floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mihaela B, Front Office Manager at Quentin Arrive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Very happy to hear that after many years being our guest you still enjoy staying with us. This is the reward of our efforts of pleasing our guests.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a very convenient hotel to the train station at a reasonable price.As a single traveler, it was comfortable but it has two items you need to plan for. 1) It has a shared toilet and a shared shower on each floor. I never had a conflict even with the hotel full. 2) The hotel has no elevator and steep circular stairs. Luckily, one only has struggle up one time.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.
Phil USA

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My 3 girlfriends and I stayed at the Quentin Arrive Hotel in Amsterdam, Sept 13-15, 2013. We found the hotel to be very well located, simple, clean, safe and welcoming.

What is beyond satisfaction is the following:

On the last day, I did the unthinkable! I forgot my Apple I-Pad (no security on it) on the Tram. When I arrived at the Quentin Arrive Hotel, the front office manager, Mihaela Balaceanu asked me what was wrong. I was so very upset to have forgotten my I-Pad (with all my grand-daughter photos). Ms. Balaceanu told me not to despair and she took my contact information. My friends and I left for Paris.

The following Monday, my husband received an email from Mihaela Balaceanu (the Quentin Arrive Hotel), saying that the Amsterdam Tram System called the hotel re my I-Paid. Ms. Balaceanu picked up my I-Pad and she sent it to me in Canada. I now have it!

Ms. Balaceanu not only went out of her way to help me out with my I-Pad, she restored faith in me that we still have honest and caring people in the world.

I am recommending people of ALL ages to stay at the Quentin Arrive Hotel located at Haarlemmerstraat 65, 1013EL Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Sincerely
Henriette Carveth – Toronto - Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Mihaela B, Front Office Manager at Quentin Arrive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and for the high score you reviewed Quentin Arrive.
I was not thinking that I am doing something special by giving a hand with the i-Pad. I am happy I could help. It was a real pleasure having you and the others charming ladies as our guests.Warm greetings.