Quentin Arrive Hotel
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel(Amsterdam)
$374
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$169
$373
$351
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared facilitiesrooms are basicstationcoffeeshopscafes
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We recently visited The Quentin Arrive, We have stayed in this hotel many times, very central location in Haarlem Straat area, everything is nearby from Popeyes Coffee shop, to No 42 Great snack bar selling the best Chicken in pita bread hot sauce ...lol ouch hehe also if you are a smoker..you are Allowed to smoke out of the bedroom windows, which is great, it does save you having to go up & down the very steep stairs, this time we had a 3rd floor room, not recommended unless you are young & very fit, difficulty in getting my case up the stairs, so I suggest trying to book a room on floor 1. Staff as always are helpful & friendly. Rooms are clean but basic. Much recommended to stay there.

Room Tip: Try booking a room on 1st floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mihaela B, Front Office Manager at Quentin Arrive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Very happy to hear that after many years being our guest you still enjoy staying with us. This is the reward of our efforts of pleasing our guests.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a very convenient hotel to the train station at a reasonable price.As a single traveler, it was comfortable but it has two items you need to plan for. 1) It has a shared toilet and a shared shower on each floor. I never had a conflict even with the hotel full. 2) The hotel has no elevator and steep circular stairs. Luckily, one only has struggle up one time.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.
Phil USA

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My 3 girlfriends and I stayed at the Quentin Arrive Hotel in Amsterdam, Sept 13-15, 2013. We found the hotel to be very well located, simple, clean, safe and welcoming.

What is beyond satisfaction is the following:

On the last day, I did the unthinkable! I forgot my Apple I-Pad (no security on it) on the Tram. When I arrived at the Quentin Arrive Hotel, the front office manager, Mihaela Balaceanu asked me what was wrong. I was so very upset to have forgotten my I-Pad (with all my grand-daughter photos). Ms. Balaceanu told me not to despair and she took my contact information. My friends and I left for Paris.

The following Monday, my husband received an email from Mihaela Balaceanu (the Quentin Arrive Hotel), saying that the Amsterdam Tram System called the hotel re my I-Paid. Ms. Balaceanu picked up my I-Pad and she sent it to me in Canada. I now have it!

Ms. Balaceanu not only went out of her way to help me out with my I-Pad, she restored faith in me that we still have honest and caring people in the world.

I am recommending people of ALL ages to stay at the Quentin Arrive Hotel located at Haarlemmerstraat 65, 1013EL Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Sincerely
Henriette Carveth – Toronto - Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Mihaela B, Front Office Manager at Quentin Arrive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and for the high score you reviewed Quentin Arrive.
I was not thinking that I am doing something special by giving a hand with the i-Pad. I am happy I could help. It was a real pleasure having you and the others charming ladies as our guests.Warm greetings.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Cheap as chips, perfect for a stoner's holiday. You can smoke in the room as long as you have the window open. Bathroom is shared between all the rooms of 2 floors, so you may wait in line for a shower in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had the room at the basement with no windows, we were told before we chose it on the day we checked in.
the beds we had were clean and we were comfortable to sleep on.
The room is small.
The area is nice, no screaming or anything like that..we could sleep like a sleeping beauty.
There is a laundry services, which we love it because every time we travel, we always bring clean clothes, it is fasts and just two minutes walk to reach there.
The location is near to the central station, cafe, shops.

Room Tip: choose the rooms with the shower and toilet inside the room. better get it at the basement with the very small steps to go down to, from the lobby floor. The basement rooms have no windows and just covered by white walls. Although it is at the same floor with the luggage room, and yet, is still fine. Suggest to stay not longer than 2 days at the most.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family