“Coming of age holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flower Market Hotel

Flower Market Hotel
Ranked #315 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here in November 2012 only for 1 night.
The hotel made a mistake and charged us 10Euro, so for that price, I have no right to complain about anything, and I won't.

We were allocated a triple room, overlooking the canal that had a lovely big window with table and chairs so you could sit and watch/chill. Room was big, bathroom was too - it had bath AND shower. We were very impressed with the room, but if I had paid going rate, which I think is around 250Euro/night, well, lets just say, I wouldn't have paid that.

When we checked out, we left our bags with reception until we were ready to depart.
They also gave us use of a room to freshen up before departure.
This room was on the ground floor (Twin Room) and was dingy and grubby, like a little cell. Again, if I paid going rate for that, which I believe to be around 160Euro/night I would have asked to be moved.

Nightclub right next door, which I would imagine is very noisy at the weekends or whenever it opens, but we stayed on a Thursday night and it was closed.

Very close to Rembrandt Square and Flower Market, about 25mins walk from centraal station.
Supermarket a few doors down.

This is not my preferred location in Amsterdam, I much rather stay close to Dam Square and the Red light district.

Overall, I'd say there are better options available, but depends on what rate you can get. Personally, I wouldn't return to this hotel, mainly because of value for money and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kelle_TravelAgent_UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well located. As we knew we had booked a budget hotel it was perfect. Very central and services all your basic needs. Club next door was closed....possibly only opens for events. No complaints- a nice bonus was we had the room on the second floor facing the canal with a bay window and very effective radiators . Close to tram stop, many attractions, restaurants, bars, clubs and supermarket. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

A great base on a budget. Essential boxes ticked, clean comfy beds, radiator that warmed the room and u could turn on or off as you wished. Hot water, towels & shower gel. There was a fridge in the wardrobe. The hair dryer wasn't working. I travelled with friends and had a room with a view on the third floor and a little balcony.The stairs are a nightmare but this seems to be the norm in Amsterdam. There is a Tram stop right beside the hotel which services central station. There are loads of shops, bars and restaurants in every direction from the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. I can see how this hotel has got some bad reviews as the room could do with a little updating. The Location was great for walking distance to Anne Frank House, Dam Square etc once u learned to navigate around the canals. It was a very safe neighbourhood. You can hear some street noise but this adds to the atmosphere unless you are an extremely light sleeper. Value for money €210 for 3 girls in one room for 3 nights, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013