“Perfect Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #315 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Portland, Oregon
“Perfect Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This fairly clean, sparsely furnished, hotel is perfectly located right near the flower market and in the very center of Amsterdam and my favorite haunts. If you are almost never in your room but want to be in the middle of the best of Amsterdam then this place is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I cheap and reasonable hotel for what you pay. Very basic room but one of the cheapest on the market it suited fine for what we wanted. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a very nice balcony view looking out onto the waterfront which was very nice. Only criticism i would say is that there is no lift and the stair cases here are almost vertical, extremely steep, so some people especially older people would definitely struggle, we were on the third floor!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Samuel G
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

First of all I have to say that I have been to a large number of budget 1 or 2 star hotels before all over the world and that I'm fully aware and prepared to what awaits me.

I however cannot accept:

1) the hotel lying to me about the private bathroom which in fact turned out to be outside our room. And although we did have a key to it what it meant that we didn't have a bathroom inside our room as promised. We actually had to go to the corridor in the middle of the night, open the door with key, then lock it from the inside with key, then lock it again from the outside which was very annoying. When we complained about it to the receptionist and asked for the refund or come form of discount to compensate the difference in what we were promised with what we had our complaints were completely ignored. No one even made an effort to apologise and explain.

2) the state of the room was appalling. Don't trust the pictures you see on the booking site. I attached the real pictures of the room. Not only it was so tiny that there were no floor space to open my suitcase it was completely run down. It was also DIRTY. I have hair on my pillow and a blood stain on my blanket. We would have left immediately but it was 11:30pm and we were exhausted after the travel.

I'm sure for the money they charge (we paid 75euros) you can find something better in Amsterdam.

PS there is a night club just outside the hotel, so don't expect a quiet night. Although, be ready to climb extremely steep and narrow stairs with your luggage (we stayed on the 5th floor!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Polasx

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels