“no sleep here!”

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2012

First of all I have to say that I have been to a large number of budget 1 or 2 star hotels before all over the world and that I'm fully aware and prepared to what awaits me.

I however cannot accept:

1) the hotel lying to me about the private bathroom which in fact turned out to be outside our room. And although we did have a key to it what it meant that we didn't have a bathroom inside our room as promised. We actually had to go to the corridor in the middle of the night, open the door with key, then lock it from the inside with key, then lock it again from the outside which was very annoying. When we complained about it to the receptionist and asked for the refund or come form of discount to compensate the difference in what we were promised with what we had our complaints were completely ignored. No one even made an effort to apologise and explain.

2) the state of the room was appalling. Don't trust the pictures you see on the booking site. I attached the real pictures of the room. Not only it was so tiny that there were no floor space to open my suitcase it was completely run down. It was also DIRTY. I have hair on my pillow and a blood stain on my blanket. We would have left immediately but it was 11:30pm and we were exhausted after the travel.

I'm sure for the money they charge (we paid 75euros) you can find something better in Amsterdam.

PS there is a night club just outside the hotel, so don't expect a quiet night. Although, be ready to climb extremely steep and narrow stairs with your luggage (we stayed on the 5th floor!)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Polasx
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel location is simply excelent, by the Singel, near the museums, Rembrant Square and the Dam Square. Good value for money is also important. Rooms are small but cleans and the beds are confortable and clean. Adequate bath rooms. Bad tv sets and quite steepy stairs. Gentle staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Positive
- location
- staff friendly
- the sheets e towls where clean
- hot water

Negative
- room without Windows
- old and bad looking room
- they didnt't clean the room and bathroom in 5 days!!!
- same spots in the carpete and wall
- the adapted socket of heater, hair dryer, mini bar and television stopped Work in the first day and they didnt't fixe in the 5 days!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 8, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank C. D
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We booked the hotel early and paid 120 euros a night. We only realised when we got there every where was expensive because of queens day. The receptionist said we got a very good rate(?!) I wouldn't have liked to book later as I think 120 e a night is too much!
I don't think 120 is justified, I would stay here again but it would have to be a cheaper rate

It is in a good location

It is in need of some modernisation but to be fair it is clean enough

Tip: There is a club next door so stay out late on the sat night/sunday am

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple