“Good food, stylish bistro”
Review of Noordwest

Noordwest
Reserve with
Noordwest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #462 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: The moment you walk into Noordwest, you’re in for a nice surprise. In the middle of the Jordaan and surrounded by historical architecture, you will discover that the picturesque décor of the marketplace blends harmoniously with the modern design and tasteful interior of this restaurant.The name Noordwest was chosen, because there are two entrances: one overlooking the the Noordermarkt and the other facing the Westerstraat. On sunny days both doors lead to their own terrace, where we will gladly serve refreshments and meals at your request. For a cup of coffee and a tasty slice of pie, the restaurant opens at 11 o’clock in the morning. At lunch time we offer a choice of toasted sandwiches, buns with a wide range of fillings, fresh salads and delicious homemade soups. At dinner time Noordwest servers an excellent dinner where we focus on seasonal products. Early Saturday morning the ‘Boerenmarkt’ will burst into life at our doorstep. This market where in the old days local farmers used to sell their products, is nowadays well known throughout the country for its wide range of organic products. Monday you can wander around the ‘Lapjesmarkt’ right along the Westerstraat and around the Noordermarkt. This used to be a market for fabrics only, but now old furniture and trendy secondhand clothes have become popular merchandise as well. Are you in for a rest and a cup of coffee? On market day we open - both doors - at nine o’clock.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was my second time for lunch at Noordwest. Both times I had an excellent burger, considering this was outside of the U.S.; the fries were homemade and tasted really like potato. I asked to see the dinner menu. This looked very appealing and I certainly want to go back there to try it some time in the near future when I am in Amsterdam. The service was very efficient and friendly. This restaurant is also at a good location for the center of Amsterdam; we had no trouble finding a parking spot.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went here for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was delicious, the wines were all very good, and the service delightful and friendly. Has a bistro atmosphere, but the food was certainly more of a style for a classy restaurant, which we loved. Will certainly go there again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I visited Noordwest in the last days of summer, when they had seating outside and they weather was warn enough. It was really pleasant sunday afternoon. We started just will a couple of glasses of wine each and then after a while decided we were a bit hungry. The plates of food coming past looked really appetizing so we decided to stay here for food too. We both chose a sandwich and the quality and taste were really good. While this was happening the local Salsa club were setting up for an outdoor salsa party. This kept us amused for couple of hours. So long in fact that we started to feel hungry again. About this time the dinner service had started we saw some wonderful looking dishes come out. So we had to make a choice whether to stay or find somewhere else to have dinner. By this time the salsa party had started, we had quite a lot of wine and the weather was still very good so we stayed and ordered food too. I had the lemon sole which was cooked to perfection and my friend had a salad which was very fresh. I think we stayed here for over 5 hours judging by the time on the bill! The .. ahem ... X bottles of Chardonnay/Viognier which accompanied our day were also beautifully fresh and clean flavour.

The food was contributed to by the special atmosphere and weather but it was still good food and I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Me and my sister ate here in April, on the 26th i believe. She picked it as she heard good stories about it. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the choice on the menu sufficient and the establishment is cosy and well located.
The evening we were there a groop of students were rinking quite loud, next to the table we made reservations for. Without a problem we were moved to another corner. Also the music was quite loud, but after mentioning that they put up a less loud type of music wich made the meal much more pleasant.
Eeven tho my sister and I had some demands, the ppl stayed very friendly and the owner or manager came to ask if all was ok. My compliments therefor. I felt welcome.
I loved the food and drinks, the service was fast and accurate. I chose the wrong desert, was not my thing but the choices they have are very different. Surely everybody finds something they like there. SO give it a try!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Great menu and a really nice atmosphere for dinner. We had tried to book Toscanini but they were fully booked and they recommended Noordwest; it was a good recommdation! The tournedos was cooked to perfection and the lemon merenque was delicious. Price was reasonable for a good night out.