All reviews bijlmer arena bed dorm female travellers minute metro ride princess room cooking equipment large kitchen girls staying bathrooms and showers self cater city centre free wifi second home common areas are plug sockets free coffee and tea amsterdam centraal
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The hostel as you walk in is beautiful and presented lovely which every girl would love!
Each bedroom, bathroom has its own little theme which is quite cute and homely. The service was good but not too personable which was a shame.
The design if the showers were not thought out well, only few drains in the actual showers which meant you would have to trek through wet floors to shower, brush your teeth, do your make up.
Having a kitchen is always a bonus in a hostel but this one is tiny and there was never any room in the fridge for new comers and the bins were always over flowing with rubbish.
Overall this hostel has ALoT of potential to be amazing! The decor is unique and beautiful, the rooms are pretty reasonable size.. There just needs to be a lot of work to improve the little things! Including hard squeaky beds!

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank TheWanderlustGuide
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 3 nights in May 2013
-Incredibly Cheap
-Room was modern, clean, tidy and the bed very comfortable
-Shower room and toilets clean, tidy and well presented
-Directions on the website and all information clear and helpful
-Free Wifi and padlock for underbed locker
-5 minutes walk from Amsterdam ArenA and Bijlmer Metro
-Only downside was that the other guests in my room were like extras from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest or Girl,Interupted :/

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank jazmundo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Would not stay here again. We stayed in a private twin room. The rooms were clearly not cleaned beforehand; we found rubbish under our beds. Moreover, the free wifi advertised failed to work in our room as it was at the end of the corridor. There was no hot water in our shower for one day and nothing was done to help the situation when we asked the receptionist for help. The rooms are also quite small. Location is okay as it is quite close to a metro station.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank SS_99_12
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night, arrived before the rooms where ready + the staff put my bag into a locked room for me so that after checking in/paying I could go and explore rather than wait around at the hostel which I thought was lovely! Not into the party scene myself so was in the perfect place for me! Nice and chilled and relaxed, beautifully decorated!
Only downsides for me would be that the radiators are loud, so if your a light sleeper, make sure you have earplugs! And that when I went to go to sleep, I found that my sheet had a tear in the bottom of it. The sheet was clean, so I didn't bother changing it (plus the others in my room where already asleep, didn't want to wake them), but it was annoying and weird!!
Wifi worked pretty well, but when more people came back into the hostel later in the night, it did slow down a lot. Easy to find it with the directions + is sign posted most of the way anyway.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank TravellingOKO
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for five nights in Feb 2013, found the staff really friendly & helpful and it had a good atmosphere. We found the location OK because it is close to a major train/metro/bus station so easy to get around from. The directions on their website are perfect - we had no problems finding the place because we printed them out and they were easy to follow! I can see how people get lost if they don't do this.
Stayed in both a six bed and four bed dorm - both were good though the six actually had more space for suitcases etc. The place is decorated really nicely and well kept. Beds were comfortable and had shelves. The bathrooms were all clean. They have wifi which works throughout.

Room tip: Choose a bed near the window to have access to a power point (they're underneath the radiators)
Date of stay: February 2013