“Pretty Good...”
Review of Hostelle

Hostelle
Ranked #37 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night, arrived before the rooms where ready + the staff put my bag into a locked room for me so that after checking in/paying I could go and explore rather than wait around at the hostel which I thought was lovely! Not into the party scene myself so was in the perfect place for me! Nice and chilled and relaxed, beautifully decorated!
Only downsides for me would be that the radiators are loud, so if your a light sleeper, make sure you have earplugs! And that when I went to go to sleep, I found that my sheet had a tear in the bottom of it. The sheet was clean, so I didn't bother changing it (plus the others in my room where already asleep, didn't want to wake them), but it was annoying and weird!!
Wifi worked pretty well, but when more people came back into the hostel later in the night, it did slow down a lot. Easy to find it with the directions + is sign posted most of the way anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TravellingOKO

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for five nights in Feb 2013, found the staff really friendly & helpful and it had a good atmosphere. We found the location OK because it is close to a major train/metro/bus station so easy to get around from. The directions on their website are perfect - we had no problems finding the place because we printed them out and they were easy to follow! I can see how people get lost if they don't do this.
Stayed in both a six bed and four bed dorm - both were good though the six actually had more space for suitcases etc. The place is decorated really nicely and well kept. Beds were comfortable and had shelves. The bathrooms were all clean. They have wifi which works throughout.

Room Tip: Choose a bed near the window to have access to a power point (they're underneath the radiators)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I spent a good hour looking for this hostel as it is not advertised anywhere on the building and is on the forth floor of a complex. But once I found it it was a nice hostel. Really not for anyone interested in having a good time. Very quite and located far from the city center. Most people were in bed by 11PM while I was staying there and that's at the latest! But it was very clean and the staff was nice.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank NomadicNatalie
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I female 19th years and only travelling was inspire.
The Hostel is furnished affectionately, very clean and favorable.
The staff always friendly and cooperatively.
By the train one is quick and uncomplicated in Amsterdam. The Hostel is in very quiet situation and 3 minutes of a cinema, railway station and shopping possibilities.
go Ladys. its a very nice Place to be.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank nadienka
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was my second trip to Amsterdam and considering what a bad experience I'd had in the last hostel I'd stayed in, this was a welcome change. I travelled with three friends and we actually booked this place before it had even opened.

If you're looking to have a more peaceful stay in Amsterdam, this is where you should come. The fact that it's all-female automatically means less noise, and the hostel's location away from the city centre means that party-goers and weed-smokers stay away.

If, however, you're intending to party in Amsterdam, then steer well clear. The hostel is so far away from party hotspots that you really shouldn't go out unless you are prepared to stay out all night and wait for the first train. It's also located in a pretty random location in the middle of a council estate.

The best things about this hostel were the cutesy decor (not a priority I know, but check out the Hello Kitty toilet!), bathroom space, and overall levels of cleanliness. The worst things about this hostel were its location and shower temperatures!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had always envisioned hostels as a slightly nicer version of large jail cells, but from the second I walked in from the inviting decor to the brilliant color scheme I was absolutely head over heels enthralled.Coming from a four star hotel in Paris next to the Madeleine, I instantly knew I'd made the best decision of my trip.The girls I stayed with in my eight person room were sweet &respectful.The staff was ABSOLUTELY Amazing, doing everything in their power to make your stay as comfortable as possible, bending over backwards you could truly tell that they loved their jobs.Being able to do my laundry &contact friends &family members through wifi was great.I would definitely recommend this hostel over any hotel in all of Europe, especially if its your first time visiting and you need information about transportation/food/shopping...Anything this is the place to be.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank j_ro_4life
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend and I had a nice stay at Hostelle. All of the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful and everything was very clean. I did, however, make note of two things: even though they give you locks for free, the lockers are not secure as you can access them by lifting up the mattress. They need to put tops on the lockers - I didn't realize this until the second day - after which, I brought all of my valuable items along with me. Also, it's kind of far from the city center. It's definitely not within walking distance, BUT that didn't really seem like such a big deal since it is very close to the metro station and it's very easy to take the metro to and from the center - and there's a bus that runs all night after the metro closes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends