“Basic but decent appartment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of West Side Inn Hotel

West Side Inn Hotel
Ranked #282 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Basic but decent appartment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the weekend from Saturday to Monday. Room was clean and tidy and also had tv with UK channels. Food from the restaurant was good.
The only thing that let the room down was.the wet smelly carpet which stunk the room out and started going mouldy by the Sunday.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
West-Side-Inn-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at West Side Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. So nice to read you had such a good time at our hotel.
We wil look into the matter about the carpet.
We hope you choose our hotel again the next time you will visit Amsterdam!
West Side inn Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Terrible! Suitable for yung people, who come Holland for smoke all the time and don't take care how clean is the room. We've stayed in hotel 10 days and changed several rooms during it. In 1 room in bed were terible insects, in second was awful smell of canalisation from shower, in the third was a lot of ... pasted on toilet, and nobody cleaned it before give us the room. Plenty of rooms without windows, all conditions in room don't work, so it was cold. Bedsheets were dirty. The only good point was, that it's located just 5 minutes walk from tram stop, so in 30-40 minutes you are in central station. We wouldn't go there never more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here for a conference for my research grant. In my first room, the window didn't shut, the phone was missing, the lock was broken, and the Internet didn't work, so they gave me a new room. Sadly, the elevator was broken and my key card (as well as those of many of my colleagues) all stopped working, which meant we were given giant physical keys. The cleaning crew does not actually clean the room (there was hair in the shower and make-up on the sink where I had left them in the morning), though they do seem to straighten it up and deliver fresh (scratchy) towels. The pillows, mattress, and blankets are as terrible as you'd expect. They give you two of the tiniest bottles of hair/body soap imaginable, which aren't nearly enough for my to wash even just my (longish) hair. If you're tall, they won't be enough for you to soap up. I'm sure I've missed a bunch of other things that are bad about the room and the service. Also, this should be clear from a map, but it's quite far from anything--about a half hour by tram to the city center.

Positives: Clean, tolerable (free) breakfast, free (unreliable and slow) wifi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The room was much cheaper than alternatives, and as an economy option it ticked all the boxes; clean, safe, warm, no major defects... Staff also very pleasant and helpful. Some of the critiques on here seem to overlook the fact that it's a cheap option; ridiculous in my view to expect five star quality on a no-star price... the only downside is the 20 minute tram ride into town (can also be done by train and bus).. but overall a very positive experience

Room Tip: 419 was standard and fine
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank djetlag
West-Side-Inn-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at West Side Inn Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are glad to read you are really positive about the hotel and give us a 5 star review. The hotel is indeed not in the city center but just outside it. A lot of our guests see this as a positive thing. Most of the hotels that are inside the city center are much more expensive.
We hope you choose our hotel again the next time you will visit Amsterdam!
West Side Inn Amsterdam
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

A nice clean hotel..
comfortable stay..had a family crisis which night reception sorted brilliantly..hoping our next stay will be more memorable for the right reasons!!
Would recommend this hotel to future guests

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for posting this review. We are glad to read you are really positive about the hotel and give us a 4 star review.
We really hope you will come and stay with us again next time you visit
West Side Inn Amsterdam
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here for two-night stay and even tho I was a bit worried thanks to tripadvisor reviews, I must say that I actually had quite a nice stay.

First of all, do not expect luxury. It's just a three-star and it IS a three-star hotel. The room had new furnishment with an LCD TV with over 70 channels in all main languages. My room was facing the highway, which is just in front of the hotel, but there was no noise at all! Also the location from the Schiphol was very convenient - just one stop by train to Lelylaan and then two stops by metro. The connection to the city center is easy as well, the tram goes (even on weekend!) every few minutes and it all takes less than 30 minutes (plus you got to see other parts of beautiful Amsterdam). Check-in process was very quickly (hi, your name? your cards, enjoy!) and the guy on the reception (Jos) was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. Same was with Ms. Zitteren from the reservations, who helped me with struggles and requests with my reservation.

The cons of the hotel were not that bad. The toilet was leaking a bit (just some water under the toilet) and I didn't think of it as a huge problem so I didn't even tell at the reception; there was also hair in the sink and the shower door was opening a bit. The heater did not work good as well, but after telling at the reception, an extra heater was put in my room while I was outside of the hotel.

Can not say a word about breakfast as I was sleeping druing breakfast time, but please, do not buy any kind of burger at local restaurant. Pizza was good tho.

I will probably return as I was satisfied with the service, accommodation and price.

Room Tip: my room was 250, not facing east
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My overall rate to this hotel is POOR for the following reasons:
1) I found bedbugs in all the beds in the room we were staying.
2) The showers/bathrooms were not very clean