“Rood manager and reception”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Armada Hotel

Armada Hotel
Ranked #295 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Saudi Arabia
“Rood manager and reception”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have asked the reception lady to book us a private boat and she did! She made the reservations and asked for my credit card. Then she called me saying the boat has been reserved for 3:30pm on Sunday! Her name is Nanar. 1 hour later she called me and said they don't accept visa and she said just to come to the hotel and pay with a different credit card. My boat reservation will still be reserved.
When I came back to the hotel there was a guy at the reception he said the lady left for the day. I asked him about the boat he had no idea! and there is no booking at all! Me and my friends were very upset! The reception man was smiling and he didn't care! I told him to call the lady reception who was there before him he said he does not have her #. I asked for the manger # and he refused to give me his # and when I insisted he did!!!
Now listen to this guys!!! I called the manager up! His name is Oma. He was very rood to me! He said the hotel were not suppose to make the reservations. And he asked me what nationality I was! He asked me if I was American! And I said what does that have to do with anything! He said 'Madam you are not in the States, there you can pay 100,000US dollars and bribe the boat companies to book u a a boat'!!!!
Honesty!!! What he said didn't make any sense!!! It just made me very angry!! then he said ' I will hang up the phone on u as I don't have time for this'.!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Briey, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Not very far from Rembrandtplein, on Keizersgracht, magnificent place, really quiet. The Armada is an old establishment but really clean. Our room was rather small with a good bedding. Situated well and not very expensive. Correct.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Tiny room, tiny, tiny! One person will need to lay on the bed for the other to move to the other side of the room.

Good location near Rembrandt Square and local restaurants.

Showering wet the entire bathroom, primarily due to its small size and lack of shower curtains. Broken elevator so be prepared to walk three flights of stairs if staying at the top floor.

Good breakfast with variety. Tram station directly outside making transit to Central easy.

Overall fine just a little small. Who sits in the room at Amsterdam anyway?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Kiev, Ukraine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel employes cared about their promises and clients!
We tried to cancell the room and Hotel said this is not problem. But then hotel took away our money...
And we can't prove their words because we spoke by phone.

Room Tip: Be careful!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Leuven, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked 2 rooms online but canceled one by telephone. Hotel said this was no problem and that the room was cancelled. Afterwards they did charge it and did not want to work to a solution with me. 165 euros down the drain

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BelgianTomas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Cancellation charge would be expected, but to get NOTHING back when cancelling a week in advance is UNACCEPTABLE!
I wrote emails to cancel, tried calling the phones and all with no answer. Had to ask someone I knew who lives in Amsterdam,so he came to shovel em up to reply to my emails. Finally they did and received rather short phrased note that the €118 (!!) tiny room was a "hot deal" and cannot cancel nor change it. At all.
What a disgrace.

Stayed May 2013
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Overpriced for what you get, which really isn't very much other than somewhere to sleep.

That's if the noise of people putting bottles into the bottle bank outside doesn't wake you up at 7am.

Which in turn assumes that you managed to sleep on a bed made of blancmange.

It was the last option left.

With hindsight, we'd have been better off sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends